Should you always establish when your next date will be?

When hanging out with your girlfriend should you always set up a next date or is it okay to go a few days before setting up a next date? We are both incredibly busy with work that spills into the weekend.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Since you and your girlfriend are both pretty busy, I'd set it up early, just so she knows you want to hang out.

Then a few days before the date, check with her again to make sure nothing's changed and you're both still free that day

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends where you are in the relationship, how good your communication is and what you are both comfortable with. I generally do that with my girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. It seems too structured. I also prefer to live spontaneously though so that situations don't get stale and relationships grow organically.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you two are really busy then a few days are fine. Just don’t wait too long though.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can if you want to. Some people go on monthly dates on a set day like the 15th of every month.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're smart. Otherwise she'll think you don't want to see her. It's always about the FEELZ.

0|1
    0|0
  • With your “girlfriend” yes. With a person you are dating or had a date with. No.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if they're fickle. ... Wait- all women are fickle. So yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Women need to feel you are interested in them 24/7.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe calling her a day or two later if okay but not later.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you have to set up dates with your girl... you can't just say hey get that clam over here

0|0
    1|0
  • As much as you can.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Not always but sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationships evolve like this

Stage 1. Every date must be accepted and arranged

Stage 2. Every date is assumed to be accepted tentatively but time needs to be arranged

Stage 3. It’s just assumed you are going to come over and play it by ear

Stage 4. You’re coming over, your partner doesn’t even have to know or be there.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you’re already together and both have busy schedules then why can you not just play it by ear so long as you make a commitment to see Gem at some point. My guess is that if she’s fighting you on this then she’s probably not feeling like a priority right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really something I’ve had to think about with my boyfriend... in the early days maybe, we’d make tentative plans, but now it’s more just a “I’m coming over”. We don’t have to always go on a date or do an activity, just each other’s company is fine.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes