Do women in their 20's prefer dating older men who are in their late 30's and 40's?

Do women in their 20's prefer dating older men who are in their late 30's and 40's?
  • YES (leave comment)
    Vote A
  • NO (leave comment)
    Vote B
  • Maybe I don't know
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Age is just a number. Many times, people in their 30s look younger than their 40 yr old counterparts.

Of course if the girl starts screening on social media sites, she will put some criteria. But when love happens face to face, it does not look at numbers.

1|3
    1|0
    • Ooops... I pooped on my 30 to 40 comparison. Well I guess you all know what I meant.

• Wow!! Thank you for that MHO despite the horrible error in my comment original.

• Some do and some don't. In some cases, it won't be a preference but she'd do it for the right guy.

0|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I like a more established man who is more mature, as compared with a boy living with his parents and having "banter with the lads in nandos"

1|4
    1|0
    • LMFAO @ Nandos remark. Hahahahaha !!!

• Show All
    • @MrNameless OK, I'm not necessarily saying that it's bad to live with your parents. My mum's 40yr old boyfriend does. For me it just doesn't float my boat. I like someone who has their own place.

• @microhorse THAT is a different perspective and yes, it's true. If circumstances permit (and again, in some economies they don't), once married, the guy should find his independent place because after marriage, the family dynamics change and it's not healthy to live in a shared home.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I personally don't. I prefer to date men my own age. I want my partner to have the same level of immaturity I have.

4|6
    0|1
  • I remember being that age and felt very attracted to older men. Usually is because of their maturity and way of seeing life that always caught my attention. Is something about the way men project themselves with much more confidence at that age that is so attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some do. I liked older guys and guys my age.

0|2
    3|0
  • Naive, bitter and shallow women, yes. Women with common sense, no. I say naive because a lot of women only do it because they see other women do it. But the problem is that such relationships do not last oh, it is mostly from the lustful perspective not out of love. Many of them think they still make sure that they're ready for marriage and everything else, come to find out they can't even handle not even the basics of Life. Very few you can actually do that I will admit. But the fact that everyone can is just flat-out naive. I see bitter, because a lot of these things girls and young women are still very salty about the guy their own age and within the age bracket. I know because some of my close friends have actually stated this and started trying to see if it will work bt dating somebody who's at least a year or two older than us. That didn't work either. That let you know where the attitude is and how bad it influences how decisions to make wrong choices. And then you got the shallow because of course they will only do it because he has money and Resources by that time and she still barely having anything. So unless they got daddy issues and they like dating somebody who's actually dated a father's, some of them have to be either mentally ill, or not smart at all.

2|1
    0|4
    • I think it’s because of daddy issues mostly since I had the same problem

• Show All
    • Everything I wrote a simply examples of one or the other. She's doing at the 40 year old men, it says a lot about her character. Why can't she date somebody that is around her own age? Because it sounds like to me she can not deal with a man that is her age.

• There are plenty of men as I said before that would love to date her and they are mature and probably able to provide her as much as a guy that is 40. I personally would not do such a thing.

• Some women aren’t interested in building from the ground up with a romantic partner so those will more than likely entertain the company of a man who’s already established some success she can enjoy. Others that want that partner team feel would rather learn together through the struggle & work it takes to reach that success together. Knowing how they each earned every milestone. So definitely some younger women desire an older man. But like with most things not all.

1|1
    0|0
  • They usually don’t like dating guys more than 10 years older.

1|2
    0|1
  • Different strokes for different folks... age difference can be a sweet novelty in life and in the bedroom. 12 year relationship with a girl 20 years younger than I. We are still friends. I would do it again. Young men should be with older women if the desire is there and mutual... does every relationship have to be set up like it's going to be for life? Most aren't in the end.

1|1
    0|0
  • Personally I prefer an age difference between 2-4 years. I have been in a relationship with a 10 years older guy in the past and he really seemed way too old for me at times and also seen me as too immature.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dated an older guy once and I came to realize that we were both in different stages of our lives.
    I preferred to go out with guys closer to my age.

2|1
    0|1
  • Older men repulse me, romantically and sexually. I only date people my age. If you’re old enough to be my dad, that is a PROBLEM.
    However, there are plenty of other women in the world who do not share my feelings and opinions about this subject.

1|0
    0|0
  • You and I can see it everywhere.
    Gold diggers really love money. Maybe even too much.
    No offense but do you think they really enjoy a wrinkled, folded and almost impotent tool in bed?
    Some claim it's the maturity but some have this kind of maturity in mind, that is actually in their wallets.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah. desperate gold diggers. i like guys my age. sorry old guys.

2|1
    1|2
    • You are way off. I've known a lot of girls who go for that, and most of them are far from desperate and not gold diggers. But if you're 22 and still into getting wasted every weekend then yeah, you're better off in that age group.

• @zagor i don't get wasted every weekend. i have a 4.0 gpa in a top 20 university. remember that being old does not make you somehow superior. young people lack experience and wisdom, but that doesn't mean we are stupid or immature. i've seen plenty of older people who were less wise and mature than they claimed to be. don't worry. the young people will be old and mature soon

• No idea. It isn't the case with me. I prefer dating guys in my age range. I wouldn't go for someone who's 40 unless he really didn't look his age lol

1|0
    0|0
  • To answer the question, I think that some do and some don't.

I'm in my 30s and most of the women I've dated are in their mid to late 20s. On the other hand, some of my female friends in their 20s only date guys in their 20s.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some but not me. I want as close in age as possible

0|1
    0|0
  • I kinda like older men, but it’s harder to try and date them because of the stigma.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ehhh, I’d rather have a guy my age or a year or two younger or older. Too young are immature and too old want to settle down fast

1|1
    0|0
    • What if the guy in question doesn't want to settle down right now (i guess you mean to have kids etc?), only if she wants to? (I know a girl kinda like you and im curious heh)
      I know you said +-2 years, but would you really not date someone you like, cause they are for example 5 years older then you?

Age difference really doesn't matter that much after a certain age i think.
      I don't really want to change your mind, but i think +- 5-10 years after like age ~20 doesn't change much. You are basicly the same person at age 20 and at age 30.

So i guess what i want to say is, if you both like each other and both of you are on the same level of maturity, then why not?

• Yeah I would totally date them then if we both like each other. The older guys I’ve talked to I just don’t end up liking but if we both liked either, young or old, I’d be fine with that. What do you mean girls like me? Lol

• I know a girl around your age who i'm really into, but i haven't decided yet, if i want to go for her or not.

• Some do. My uncle is in his 50's and usually dates women around 30 (27-35), but he looks younger and is fit. But on average, probably not a large % got over 40.

0|1
    1|0
  • Some definitely do. 10 years is a good spread at 20. By 40 up to 20 years.
    DAMHIK ;)

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes lots of girl like to date older guys as we are more mature and very understanding not like those little boys that stay at home with there mummy having everything done for them they don't have a clue as how to treat a nice girl

0|0
    3|0
  • I don’t know... I feel like older guys tend to be too dominant in a relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted no.

Some minority do.

Another significant group are -open- to it. They're prefer a guy who is their age, hot, successful, funny, tall, great in bed, dances well, runs a charity, etc. but they will be pretty happy to get a bunch of those characteristics and are more flexible on age upward then -most- men are for a relationship.

Another significant group, if they do casual stuff, will have a casual relationship with an older guy, but not get serious with one.

And another significant group aren't interested at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe I don't know...
    But dating an older man... sounds enticing. Not the 20 years age gap... but maybe 10-12.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't prefer older men
    I'm 23 and the oldest I'd go for is 27.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, for me they are old. Difference of 4 years is maximum for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Only the ones that care about money. And even they are cheating. Majority of women in early or late 20s though? Of course not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like it. I just turned 42. Haven’t dated or fuck a girl over 37 in a long, long time.

0|0
    1|0
  • Depends on the age. An old broad loves some young guys

1|0
    0|0
  • The number of women I have dated at this age I would say yes...

0|0
    0|0
  • Only hot chicks prefer dating rich middle age men & VV

0|1
    3|0
    • Tbh many of the gold diggers are not even that hot

• Show All
    • of course she would. if the young rich guy chose her.

• & that's why both young & old guy would go for hot chick & any other chick.. They're Judy an option just like any other men for a hot chick.

• I prefer someone my own age

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes definitely.

0|1
    1|0
  • Some do, but they’re a minority

1|1
    0|0
  • Not me. I’ve always dated guys my age or younger.

1|0
    0|1
  • Oh no

1|0
    0|1
  • Both that I know of

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • Some do obviously.

0|0
    0|0
  • From experience, and weirdly, yes

0|0
    0|0
  • If the women are naive and the guys are "hotties". Then yes.
    Nothing i enjoy more then the 18-25 yr. Old girls on here that post on guys around 35 ish that they're sleeping with and talking about how he's her soulmate. Because we all know how it's going to end. It's like watching a car crash in slow motion. All you can do is watch and giggle.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I never did. I dated a few years older or younger, never been a fan of big age gaps.

I’m 28 now, my boyfriend is 34.

1|1
    0|0
    • that's not that much of a difference. anything past 10 years is significant. you guys are the same generation?

• I know it’s not? I literally said that I didn’t prefer big age gaps?

• Based on my success rate with women in their 20s after I turned 30, I have to say yes

0|1
    1|0
    • ok, but 10 years is nothing. after 10 years and it's weird. 20 and 30 year olds practically look the same. there's not much difference.

• 10 years is actually quite a large gap. Talking a decades worth of experience. A lot of women in their early to mid 20s act like children

• makes sense, considering the brain isn't fully developed until around age 25.

• Obviously Not

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes