Would you consider an Artificial Intelligence relationship with an AI robot over a human relationship when this technology becomes available?

Would you consider an artificial intelligence relationship?
  • YES (leave comment)
  • No (leave comment)
  • Maybe (definitely leave comment)
    Vote C

3759

Most Helpful Guys

• AI researcher/engineer here. I said yes of course.
    Look, I am a short, awkward guy. I work out, I can cook, I have multiple jobs, I have three papers being published and a masters degree coming soon , oh and I am kind of in the middle of starting a startup. But I don't think any woman wants me and I actually do have at least the theoretical knowledge to program this thing so if I do get the money for the parts and possibly people who can work on the mechanical and materials side, why not?

Here is how I would go about making it: I wouldn't mind working for Real Doll on an AI platform, they have the funds and the mechanical engineers. Put a Google Coral or Jetson Nano in there to do edge AI and protect every user's privacy. Optional, get the user to build a local server that is air-gapped except for being connected to the Jetson Nano for some kind of self-optimizing machine via Tensorflow Serving. I would probably use Reinforcement Learning for the main interaction model but it would need to simultaneously need to run something like YOLO (yes, that is an actual research paper's name) to see and a voice recognition and NLP model so it can listen to you. Oh and can't forget ROS (Robot Operating System) to glue it all together.

• Well if you do end up working on these things let me know!!! Real Dolls are really just the beginning!

• I have subscribed to their newsletter (realbotix) but they seem to be publishing only their android app so far =/

• I can't imagine AI ever reaching the level where you develope a loving relationship. I mean i can understand the really lonely or traumatized. But that's the point. I think most people are going to say "it was a fun novelty... but it's just a machine".

• It will have to start somewhere and in the beginning it will just be a higher level masturbation machine in my opinion. I am also sure many couples who are kinky could get one and enjoy it without having to bring anybody real into the mix.

Most Helpful Girls

• Let's see:
    -Less chance of being cheated on and/or mindgames
    -They can be programmed to be an ideal partner and suit my standards and needs
    --No drama

Yeah, I could deal with that, really. It can't be any worse than the current dating scene!

The only downside is they lack emotions and feelings but with the way technology is evolving now, I would not be surprised if they can eventually be programmed to sense and mimic human emotions one day.

• I am sure some will try them out! I would think with VR and robots you could have a really good time LOL.

• If AIs get to be so real we can't really differentiate if it's human or not, because the touch of skin, muscle or fat is the same and they feel warm as any other person, they make reasonable conversations and so on... I could fall in love with one the same way I would fall in love with another human.