Is kissing on a first date too soon?

Is kissing on a first date too soon?
Is kissing on a first date too soon?
* I felt we had a connection when we kissed but we didn’t text after that (it’s been just a day tho). I’ve realised he’s not a great texter. Is he ghosting me?

4049

Most Helpful Guys

• I asked a similar question yesterday and would like your perspective. Personally I feel like kissing is ok on the first date if you feel a connection. It begins the physical connection as an expression of how we feel emotionally and will only increase as the relationship deepens.

However my question to you is how would you feel if after 3 good dates the guy had not kissed you yet? What if he told you that he was attracted to you and felt a sexual connection but wanted to delay physical touch until the feelings deepened? Would you think something was wrong or would you react positively?

• Tbh it depends on the guy in question. If he was someone well worth the wait - as in being interesting, cute, polite, good looking yes - I would wait. Otherwise, if I didn’t feel attracted to him or that he lacks attitude, I would probably ghost.

• Thanks for your opinion Jess. One of the most frequently asked questions on GaG seems to be girls wondering how the guy feels about them. Whether it’s a crush or they are dating, the girls feel unsure of if he shares the feelings she has.

So as a guy I would prefer to communicate my feelings openly and feel like physical touch is one way girls know that a guy wants them. When a guy kisses a girl it communicates she is more than a friend and he has romantic intentions.

• Yea 🥰 I’m never going to have a first date again. But that’s ok. 🥰👰🏻💒👷🏼‍♂️💍 He’ll always be my BEST date

• I don't think it's too soon. But personally, I'd want to wait until I built up more attraction to their personality. The kissing would only be fueled by impulsive sexual desire if it's on the first date (and there's nothing wrong with that). But I think it would feel better with someone that I truly love inside and out. If you feel like you are based on the first date then, by all means, go ahead. There shouldn't be a limit on it unless you have a specific goal in mind that would get disrupted if the kiss were to take place. 👌

For the update: Time will tell.

• "The kissing would 'Probably' only be fueled by impulsive sexual desire if it's on the first date."*

• You are almost certainly correct, even though the mind likes to fool us otherwise.

• 2d

Thank you, my friend!

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't think It's a rule that applies to every case. Sometimes you kiss on the first date other times you don't or shouldn't. If the moment's right and if it feels like it then you have a green light to do so. On whether or not he's ghoasting you, you gotta wait and see within three days if three days have gone by and he hasn't even said "Hey" then he's not worth your time. Everyone got things going on but no one is THAT busy. Best of luck!

• Depends on the intention and energy behind the kiss. I think it can be good if it's the type of kiss where you both know you're really perfect for each other and there's amazing chemistry right away! Otherwise you might want to consider why it is you want to kiss this person

• Having already kissed on a first date, how would you approach a second date?

• Assuming you both enjoyed the kiss, I say go into the second date feeling thankful you've found someone you have a connection with! Don't expect another kiss (or more), just feel it out. If it feels right to kiss again on the second date, do that. If not, that's okay!