How do you give yourself a number rating based on appearance and/or dateability?

Let's say someone wanted to rate themselves. Where would they start? What is the criteria?How do you give yourself a number rating based on appearance and/or dateability?How do you give yourself a number rating based on appearance and/or dateability?
Updates:
6d
*You are welcome to share what number rating you'd give yourself but I'm actually quite interested in learning the criteria that determines your number.

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Beauty is subjective, people say - well, yeah, but the vast majority of people find attractive the same traits. It's very easy actually:
    - Eyes - big eyes, long and dark eyelashes, almond eyes with an intensive color (it doesn't matter what color, it matters if it is intensive)
    -Lips - quite big, but not too much and with bow of cupid
    - Nose - small and pointed upwards
    - High cheekbones (this is VERY important for both genders)
    - Symmetrical slim face
    - Hair - thick, long, with an intensive color (so again, the color doesn't matter but it should be intensive, not like for example dark, a bit greyish blond)
    - Hourglass shape, I think this is obvious
    - Breasts- close to each other, round shape (not teardrop one and they absolutely can't sag), areolas that aren't too big
    -Long legs (it doesn't depend on height, it depends on proportions - I have short legs and I'm tall, I just have too long torso)

I think that's it, those are standards for women that smth around 90% of men will find 10/10

1|0
    0|0
  • Well you can’t rate yourself because you’re biased. You rate other people.
    If it were myself I’d be a 11/10 easy.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Well it's a simple formula A + B divided by C (squared by D)
    A =The attractiveness of the person you are trying to pull, B is the level of confidence you have, C is the level of desperation/time with out pulling and D is drunkeness.
    Therefore so if I'm trying to chat up a very attractive (lets say an 8) but am feeling a little bit unconfident (a 7) .. so were a 15 at this point, my desperation level is average so a 5 (bringing the total to a 3)... but if drunk we square this to give a solid 9 out of 10 ... Basic Maths lol

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Dont make me math.
      So I can't have a rating if there's no intended person of interest/targeted demographic?

• 6d

@StingRayxoxo I won't make you math as long as you don't make me justify my clearly made up formula, just give me credit for my quick thinking/obvious bullsh! t and we'll move on as if nothing ever happened here lol

• 3d

Thanks for MHO

• First determine if you are comparing them to all members of their gender or only ones around their age.

1|1
    0|0
    • 6d

I would assume all members of their gender. What's the next step? And how do you take into account for preferences?

• Show All
    • 6d

That's how I see it.

• 3d

Thanks for the MHO

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Looks alone? A 4 on a good day.

With personality factored in? Probably a 5 or 6 to most but a 7 or 8 to a few.

1|0
    0|0
  • You look at how you perceive yourself in looks, body condition, financial situation, personality and compare to others your age and your perception of them. And apply a number. you have to pick a reference point for 10 being perfect and 1.

Then add 1 to the number:)

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Hmm so it's based on perception? Not like a checklist or something?

What's the 1 for?

• Show All
    • 6d

oh... that is for good measure. most of us are hard on ourselves, too critical, our own worst enemies sometimes. so add 1!:)
      if a person has a huge ego, I should say subtract one! that's not you.

• I mean, there are many obstacles for doing that. Research has shown that people are very incapable of correctly gauging their appearance.
    The best way really is to ask the opposite sex, someone or someone's you trust to be honest. That's what I did.

But if I still was to give it a try. For a male, I'd first look at height. Okay, I'm around 6' feet tall. Perfectly good height. I have natural muscle mass to a degree, wide shoulders, big chest, an inverted triangle-shaped torso, and I'm working on getting more buff there.
    A warm skin tone, I don't know if tone matters though. A good smile and white teeth, I know I rarely smile in photos but I smile more IRL. A square face shape, an ok jawline, I honestly don't know what determines a good one, apart from the extreme cases where there is no jawline at all. Fairly good cheekbones. Beautiful, deep blue/grey depending on light. Many girls have complimented them. My hair is fine, nothing special, but I can make it look really good.

All in all. I'd give myself an 8 at best. Perhaps a 9 when I've worked up some really good muscles. And the girls I've asked have rated me the same.

1|0
    0|0
  • I seldom rate myself but if I did it most likely would be this way,
    if I 'm content with myself then I will rate myself high, like
    1/ hair, 8
    2/ body 7
    3/ face 7
    4/ personality 9
    5/ character 10
    tomorrow they may be lower or higher depnding on how I am,,

1|0
    0|0
  • You think about a person that is average. That person is a 5. 1 is as ugly as the Elephant Man, 10 is as hot as they come.

In the picture the girl that is a 7... I think that’s an accurate number for her.

To me a 5 is neither attractive or ugly.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

What determines average? I'm way overthinking this but I need to know.

• 6d

That’s the problem. You’re looking for a set standard. There isn’t one. It’s entirely subjective.

• 6d

So to me average is the average looking person. Neither attractive or unattractive. Just ok.

• We rate a lot of women that come into my job ( that's what happens when you get a bunch of bored young males together lol) If she's not at least a 6 she doesn't get rated... why would she? Believe it or not it's less what she's got and more how she's owning it. Bonus points for leggings and yoga pants.
    One thing i've found i'm a lot harder rater than most the guys i work with. Never given out a 10 and only one 9.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would start with the base value of the the face and then add or subtract 1pt for each other criteria, and then add up the total.

For example,

Face: 6

Body +1

Voice -1

Height +1

Personality +1

Dress sense -1

Smell +1

Total: 8

Max score should be out of ten, which is the hottest they could possibly be, so consider how you rate them.

1|0
    0|0
  • In order to determine your dateability you have to figure out what you would bring to a relationship, and what type of relationship we're talking about here.
    Are you talking about just hanging out for fun? Are we talking about serious and exclusive? Are we talkin about marriage? Until you answer those questions, you can give any number you want but it won't make sense.

To highlight this, I consider myself an 8.5

1|0
    0|0
  • you rate yourself based on aesthetics, smile, looking good in every angle... because its common too look good from one angle or 2 but to look good from all angles is quite different

... and its always relative to others, so if you would rate Jessica Alba like a 9... then unless you can get as many guys as her, you are not a 9 lol...

1|0
    0|0
  • Rating oneself is unfair. Bias from the go. Whatever particular traits that the person rating wants to compare. Uniqueness should jave higher ratings and definition.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm bisexual but I'm not attracted to masculine men enough to judge my own self, so I ask other people could judge for me.

I rate a 7 on average.

1|0
    0|0
  • You think of the real number that you should be an ad 3 that might get you a date.
    Or is it think of the number you should be and subtract 3 that might not get you a date.
    Even if I thought rating a person on a scale of 1 to 10 what's a good way to judge a person I don't think that doing it yourself is the best decision at least not for advertising sake.

1|0
    1|0
  • After taking a better assessment of myself, I'm not that terrible. But for a guy with four severe mental illnesses, ADHD, CF, and little to no support, I might very well be the best there is, ever was, and ever will be. But because all of that has to be said to make me seem not so bad, I can't rate any higher than a 5.4/10.

1|0
    0|0
  • Appearance can be based on feedback you get from others. If you’re attractive, then others tell you. Status can be based on educational, financial, or social. I think i’m an 7-8 considering all of the above.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most rate themselves a point or two more than they actually are.
    And there are no '10's, that's a 9 with special meaning to someone.

Celebrities and actors might be a 8-9, but your average person is, well, average, say a 5-6, maybe a 7-8 if they're really attractive.

For men their wealth and success also comes into play. For women their peak of youth and beauty, their top number, comes in about early 20's.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Wealth and success gives you some attraction for women but i think we are talking about looks?

I think there are 10s just very rare and most actors and celebs known for being good looking are mostly 9s or 9. Something

• 6d

@Pulimuli - It's called SMV, or sexual market value. You can google it.

• 6d

I know what it is lol

It won't get you ons or women approaching you in a nightclub if you are just rich. Celeb status will though. But its mostly about looks when we are talking about hook ups

Assets come into play when a woman is looking for a long term partner

• -2958725620698274590129056495602938576094652095681904572059875901867296706792586718950295671968510956719485602679845728967190870596714957812

(That starts with a minus).

Why? BECAUSE FUCK YOU, THAT'S WHY!

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks - 5 but could push it to a 6 on a good day.
    Dateability- 7.

The problem with rating yourself is most people think they are hotter than what they actually are. Just look around this site for evidence of that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rate myself a 4/10 for looks. Personality, people love it. Bring it up by 2 points, so a 6/10 now. Motivation, lets well, we going have to take negative into effect now. -6 for instance. Now I'm at 0/10. I can be quite fun, but can lose it after so long. Lets give myself a rating of... hmm.. 2 points, so 2/10 now. Oh no we gotta talk about goals!!! Ermm, -4 points, should do the trick! At -2/10 now. Lets see, oh, how about adding in depression points. I clearly look of someone who has it. Its noticeable. Lets do... -8 which will now leave me at -10/10. Oh boy, I done goofed.

1|0
    0|0
  • My main criteria are looks, living situation, and social presence (e. g. how many people you go out with, how many people know you and interact with you willingly, etc.) I give myself a 3.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know like a 6?

Just slightly above average. I have a pretty good track record of not holding on to a relationship very long lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks I'd say a 7.5, possibly an 8 on a really good day. Depends on who you talk to.

1|0
    0|0
  • You've kinda gotta put in effort to balance pride and ego to determine your rate but also remember to look at the bad sides of yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • 6. Personality, humor, looks, ability to compromise,

1|0
    0|0
  • If I was taller, I'd give myself a 7 or 8 on a good day... but since I'm short, I give myself a 4 or 5

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks, Good Traits, Bad Traits, Communication factor and behaviour overall.

1|0
    0|0
  • I give myself a 1
    Because I am #1!
    I am The Acehole Supreme!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think maybe a 6 But w the personality of a gorilla i would give myself a 4

1|1
    0|0
  • In terms of looks, I'll go for a 7/10. I've felt a bit better about it lately.

Regarding personality, I have no idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why rate yourself? Why not just work on yourself lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Sense of humour, personality, life goals. And I would rate myself a 4 🤓

0|0
    0|0
  • 8. Maybe I'm shooting a little high, but confidence is good!

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd ask those that i'm interested in what they rate me xD that's how i know.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I'm a solid 1. Others think I'm a strong 2.

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't.

That goes againt my self love, which im learning..

0|0
    0|0
  • Appearance: 5 I am sooo average.

Dateability: 9+ I am fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • 8 on looks

Personality I cannot rate, someone that knows me has to rate that

0|0
    0|0
  • It seriously depends on the day 🤣

I think im about 7-7.5

Was probably 8 in my teens

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I've always been given a 5 by females. Anything below a 7 is practically an incel these days.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shoot I give myself a 10

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Go girl.
      So what criteria makes someone a 10?

• Show All
    • 5d

I think my confidence knocks me down a bit.

So do you think youd be a 10 from both Male and female perspectives?

• 5d

I’d probably be a 7/8 from female perspective and a 9/10 from a males perspective

• I am a zero.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dunno

1|0
    0|0
  • eye of the beholder

3|1
    0|0
  • About a 4 for both.

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't even be able to

1|0
    0|0
  • looks: maybe a 6
    personality: probably a 7-8

1|0
    0|0
  • 6-7ish

1|0
    0|0
  • Mehh, probably a 6 tops.

1|0
    0|0
  • Five

1|0
    0|0
  • I am zero. When I am with the one, I become 10!

2|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes