How to get out of a dinner date and change the plan to something else?

He wants to take me out for dinner but as someone who has recently started recovery from a severe eating disorder that I was hospitalised for not too long ago i really struggle with eating infront of people (that aren’t my family, friends, im slowly starting to get comfortable around colleagues and classmates.) it’s that bad i get bad anxiety and start shaking. How do I suggest something else without sounding picky or stuck up?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• You tell him like you just told us. He is YOUR date, somebody YOU said yes to, and something YOU agreed to. You need to decide if this guy is actually worth dating if you feel that your eating disorder is that bad. You want to be with people you trust. And if he is somebody you want to trust, then you have to trust him to be somebody who will not get upset for your change of plans. However, do you have another plan for a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just say you'd really like to do something else and suggest it.

Personally. I would rather a date yells me the full truth. I would not hold it against her.