Behaviour of the genders on Dating websites?

I've been on a few dating websites for a while now and the way the men and women behave on it are completely different. A girl's bio mostly has things that are demanding in nature, like "If you can't make me laugh, I won't reply" or "You need to message first" while on the other end, guys have a more descriptive bio, one that is persuasive, like a sales pitch. Why do you think that is? Is it fair? And lastly, what would your reaction be for either of the type of bios?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Women get so many shitty messages that they are now putting WHAT they don't want in their bios to try and weed out those types of men. It usually doesn't work and the men who would of been interested are now moving on because it's not an interesting bio... but more of demands and that is a TURN OFF ladies. As for guys they are just trying to market themselves to attract the woman they want.

1|5
    0|0
  • A list of demands is going to go down poorly, plus I'd question whether she is in the right frame of mind for dating.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

I've seen some cases where the dealbreakers where artfully explained in a way which wasn't a turn-off

• Well they're trying to look presentable

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually because women have to deal with a lot of immature, thirsty men on dating sites. Even here, the amount of times I've gotten dick pics, sexual texts, etc, are way more than if like. And this isn't even a dating app. Women put up walls, because after a while they get tired and get straight to the point, so if you aren't, xyz , then they don't care.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dating online is 100% just women getting an ego boost from rejecting 99% of men as if she's better then them until she gets a 'request' from the absolute apex top 1% of attractive men.

This is a womans world. And online dating shows that.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's less about fair and more about the reality of how the sites operate.

Generally speaking the women put a profile up and get matches and messages.

Guys put a profile up and can get matches but women almost never message first leaving the onus on the guy.

So the issue becomes that most women on there are being bombarded by messages from creepy dudes with no profile photo/just body shots, etc. Lots of them are super sexual and gross of the get go, or downright mean, especially if they get rejected. The women often start out with a profile with info about them etc and get more defensive over time and add more little rules like you were mentioning.

I don't think its fair, though I'm not sure of a good way to handle it aside from on an individual level. The problem with those kind of meat market sites/apps is it treats people like products and objectifies them (not that people need any help doing that on their own).

1|1
    0|0
  • Women are demanding, and men should brag more! Women are needy an those are types of things that supply happiness. Where men play King of the jungle! Or the Songbird song & dance. You should watch Nature channel more!

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are generally the ones choosing their mates unless you are a celebrety dude then you can pick and choose women as you please pretty much.

Why? Because women have a lot of options so they can afford to be picky

0|0
    0|0
  • Men weed out women upon match but women ghost guys and dont unmatch (which is incredibly rude)

0|1
    0|0
  • If you have between 18 and 24 years and still belive that life is fair than you must be retard.

0|1
    0|0
  • the guys are trying to get rid of the stereotype that all we want is to send dick pics

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

as far as the women go, look up the male to female ratio on most dating apps.

• Isn't nature beautiful?

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of them behave normally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating is very catered towards women. Like you say, female bios are more demanding and entitled etc, this is down to so many men being on there and thirsting into DM's.

I've found mainly when push comes to shove trying to take things offline, women become very flakey and go ghost. again this is due to having such a wide variety to choose from.

The most ironic thing I find with the majority of female profiles is "dont be boring! Read my bio", you do that and they still dont respond.

In short, they use it for an ego boost and get their hit of attention/validation that they yearn for.

0|3
    0|0
  • Yeah womens profiles reek of entitlement. Laundry list of requirements and all that. What's even funnier is i did one of my profiles in that tone and a bunch of women complained. Hypocrites!!!

0|2
    0|0
  • I used to notice that too.
    A lot of the women's were, I want this, this and this.
    The guy's profiles were more, here's what I have to offer.
    Occasionally I'd find a woman's profile that was just her talking about her good qualities.
    Those ones stand out from the demanding ones.

1|3
    0|0
  • That's common actually. 9 times out of 10 the ones that have a list of demands are also low value average at best looking thots.. I've been there, it's been like that since 2006 at least lol

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes