Should a person who has a lot going for them even bother with online dating sites and apps?

• No, are you crazy?
    Vote A
  • Yes, they can still benefit.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• It depends what you mean by a lot going on for them?
    This could be anything from work, commitments etc through to emotional healing that they need to do..
    However. In all honesty, I could only really advise anyone to do what they feel is right, at a time that they feel is right, but be honest about everything upfront, after all a two way decision involves two people, and they can both decide for themselves what it is they're looking for etc, (I don't use apps anyway).

0|1
    0|0
    • 7d

Decent job and financial situation, no mental or physical health issues.

• Show All
    • 6d

I had my neck held by an ex, the artery damaged, filled with clots, tore, which filled my brain with blood and clots.. whilst at the same time instantly cutting my brain from a source of blood supply causing part to die, so you understand it's not a small thing... and I can't spring it on someone lol

• 6d

Understood

• I did because I live in a small town (most people are paired off alteady) and the things I like to do are not conducive to meeting people (such as hiking on a trial).

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Well it is another option I guess for people but I don't see the point when you can meet women anywhere.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I feel beautiful women don't even need it because they can find love easily.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If they have a lot going for them then dating apps will just be another tool they can use to meet people. Everyone can benefit from dating apps as long as you are patient and can deal with the stupid stuff that comes along with these apps.

Many people don't have the first clue how dating apps really work and how to crack the code but once you do you will never go to another bar again. Cold approach is so 2005 LOL.

1|3
    0|0
  • Anyone can benefit from using an online dating app. Perhaps you are not dating enough people of the type you'd like. Perhaps you're looking for someone who likes particular activities. At online sites you can advertise for particular things you/re looking for and people who read your profile can line themselve up according to mutual tastes. You can chat online and eliminate or include people from your chat experience and save time and energy. It's a filtering device.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are always surprises awaiting you. I would not limit myself by excluding online dating as an option

1|1
    0|0
    • 6d

I would. I'd sooner do a cold approach than do online dating. Fortunately, I have The One, so this discussion is merely an academic one for me.

• Maybe, but dating apps are hard to use. There's like a lot of weirdos on there and guys who just want sex. It's hard to find a good person on there with good intentions and doesn't have any mental disorders or isn't on any medication for like bipolar disorders. I say disorders because there is bipolar 1 and 2. And taking medication for depression or if they have anger problems. All these things are red flags.

1|1
    0|2
  • People who use online dating aren't any lesser than people who don't, someone who has a lot going for them (whatever that means, I presume they're busy) would probably find it convenient and unobtrusive to what all they have going on

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, relationships are important. Family is important.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don’t even get into all that. I don’t believe in online dating.

1|1
    0|0
  • People use online dating regardless of how how they are or successful because unless they meet someone by chance at work and fall into it somehow people today because of cell phones and computers have lost all sense of how to communicate in person so online dating is needed

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how much you really want a partner. You can be successful in many areas yet unsuccessful in dating. As with any area of improvement it's best to approach it from all sides.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly, I've been on those sites and most of the people who message me are crazy people, pervs, or weirdos. I'm no super successful person, but I'm decent human being and I don't go after anyone. So, yeah, not much luck for me

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes those people need the aid of on-line dating apps even more. busy lives leave no room for socializing.

0|1
    0|0
  • The key factor isn't whether they have a lot going for them, it is - are they meeting women in their everyday life? A great guy who works from home in rural Alaska probably doesn't get a lot of opportunities.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're fun just for meeting people I don't want to see again after a few times. Other than that I don't actually like the people in dating apps.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they want more choice but I dont think they need to

0|1
    0|0
  • I am really enjoying the chance to get to know my true love online first.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, they can still benefit.

I never did though. No matter how good my profile is, I get no matches.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they want ro expand their possibilities, for sure.
    I'm personally not the type that uses a dating app, but it can work for other people.

0|0
    1|0
  • I have anxiety and the thought of it makes me anxious.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just used Facebook to find a better partner.

1|1
    0|0
  • Sure. Why not? But probably only on the side.

0|1
    1|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think they should fool with dating sites.

0|1
    0|0
  • Time to get going, your welcome!

0|0
    0|0
  • Why bother? Going out and meeting people in person is a lot more fun anyway.

1|0
    1|0
  • I don't know why any guy would use an online dating site if he didn't have to. There really is nothing on there but table scraps.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes