Guys, Are women on online dating sites much more shallow than guys?

What do other guys think after looking at this? I saw this and now, I'm shocked to say that incels do have a point about online dating
Updates:
14 d ago
Sure. I think both genders can be shallow online. But it is shown that women are more shallow online than guys about physical attractiveness
6 d ago
I mean there's a graph showing who's essentially more picky and some people are still saying both are just as bad 😒

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Did already know it's like that. the funny thing a lot of them that are deny their own actions with exuses to not look like shitty person or that they aren't aware of it since they have double standards.

It's were complex topic.
    People that have mental issues/shitty personality or begin to act like it when they are online are usually the bulk on contact sites/dating services.
    Those with mental issues get attracted to it because it gives a shine of fast and easy to get what they are after.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think this is the way it goes for guys and girls on these dating apps

A girl's mindset - "I'm only on here to kill time, I don't care about this shit unless I meet prince charming, rich, tall and handsome then great!"

A guy's mindset - "I just wanna bone as many chicks as possible"

The rarity - two normal people cross paths and say, hey do you want to meet up for coffee at this local spot.

The verdict -- Dating apps suck.

3|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I wouldn't say they are more shallow - I would just say they are less invested in online dating than men so men have a higher rejection rate. I will give an example - My first 80 seconds on an online dating site - I had 19 guys hit on me. So obviously I would have to reject at least 18 guys if I was actively looking for somebody and would have to reject 19 people if I was not actively looking for somebody. I've probably rejected a thousands guys since February. I would rather wait it out and date somebody I know in real life - even if they aren't as hot or as rich as the guys who hit on me on dating sites because I like to take my time and build an emotional connection with my dates. My physical standards are so low that mostly every guy I talk to meets them - my moral standards are higher.

1|2
    0|1
    • 5 d ago

I call B. S. No woman has low physical standards... I'm betting you assign moral problems as an excuse to reject plain/ugly guys. Women do that a lot... see two guys do the exact same action but interpret the handsome guy's as positive but downplay the ugly guy's The exact reason why women often end up heartbroken by the men they choose

• Thank God Women aren't all about looks! LOL

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd assume so

0|1
    0|0
  • No, men are a lot more visual than women when it comes to looks. That's not saying women can't be shallow, i mean humans in general are shallow to a point but when it comes to online dating guys have admitted they just continue to swipe until they find a match or something? I don't know i don't do online dating, i don't see the point. Most people don't take it seriously and it's better to meet someone in person.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2 d ago

Did you not see the chart? It's been proven women are more shallow on apps

• I mean, if you had 20 people throwing themselves at you in an hour, you'd be shallow, too.

1|0
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

The difference though, is that girls who are average and even below average would still be getting guys interested in them. While it's proven that average guys are seen as ugly to women on sites

• 9 d ago

Well, I don't see the point in complaining about dating sites. They're a bunch of non-real shit, like most things on the internet. You can't seriously expect to get anywhere on those things. Like most things in life, the rewards are usually garnered by taking a real risk actually in person, in real life. If guys are expecting to use those things, as a substitute for making an effort to dust themselves off, getting themselves in a good shape, and getting themselves out there, then why should they be rewarded for that kind of laziness? I don't see the point in blaming women. Nothing comes knocking at your door in life.

• Yeah I already knew it was like that. I didn't need to see a graph.

0|1
    1|0
    • 18 d ago

Pretty depressing

• It's just basic hypergamy. If you are man and not that much attractive just stay out of online dating because women only will judge you by your looks.

Just going out and talking with women can make you much more successful because they can see your attitude, your confidence etc. Those attractive too for females.

But online dating just about looks that's it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck yeah they are. all dating sites do is give women an ego boost and crushes men's egos. women go after the top 20% of guys even if they look like dog meat thinking they can get a good looking guy thats way out of their league. for every 1000 emails a woman gets on a dating site a guy gets only 10 that's how fucked up those online dating sites are

0|0
    0|0
  • No, men are more shallow. Guys only care if the chick is hot or above average looking. Girls will respond back to an average looking dude or even an ugly one, if he has money.

1|0
    0|0
  • dating apps and social media are stripping us of are social skills and making hookups and depression easier. All these likes and views are complete bullshit unless you're trying to make a political change in the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is old news. It has nothing to do with dating sites, they just make it more obvious.

0|2
    1|0
  • The reason men are scored as less attractive is because they put less effort into their appearance than women do

1|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

I agree but I also believe that men don't use many temporary cover-up products like (make-up). If chicks on online dating websites post no cover-up products, men would attractive rates would go higher.

• 10 d ago

post photos with no cover-up products*

• 3 d ago

not true.. there's no effort you can put in to change your face. its all about the face. not how your dressed up or how you present yourself

• No not at all we a all looking for the correct partner to just coexistence happily

0|1
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

This is what I used to tell my friends, now I barely have any friends left.

• I am only have a relationship with guys with learning disabilities and they had be short. other people are too stupid to understand

0|0
    0|0
  • Problem is most profiles online are fakes full of bots and shallow ass people from both sides not just one not sure if seen it but it's true

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes 90% just sign up to be talked to and ignore people for a self esteem boost.

0|1
    1|0
  • Online dating is shallow people all over

4|2
    0|1
    • 18 d ago

In real life too though

• Show All
    • 15 d ago

Good looking people do not have good genes. I have met many people who are good looking and have significant and severe psychiatric issues that are known to have strong genetic components. Likewise, I've met many a moron who is good looking. Now, if what you want is to raise up pretty idiots who are perfect to use as drones in countries that want to use their armies and police in very aggressive and oppressive ways...

• 15 d ago

@HereIbe lol. You said it bro

• It's almost enough to make you go gay - if only guys weren't so ugly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Could be, but it is pretty close when you compare them both.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, they just have a greater pool of desperate guys seeking after them thus can be more choosy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have had nothing but bad experiences when using dating sites. I don’t use them at all anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they often lack empathy and self awareness of their own behavior.

0|0
    0|0
  • What annoys me is how people hate on ''incels'' and abuse men for complaining about being alone instead of understanding that it has nothing to do with the guys personality or choices. Guys simply have a lot less options and the unattractive ones have a real hard time. studies show that there's been an increase of 15 to 20% or so more men in the last ten years that have gone the previous year with no sexual contact. more and more men are losing out. On dating apps roughly only the top 20% do well, arguably only the top 5 who have real success. there's too much proof of it to blame men and incels for their behaviour. An average girl on those apps can match with most guys. get hundreds of matches. The bottom 80% of men often get no matches or people in bottom 20. which are generally the overwieght/obese ones.. females have an anparalelled advantage over males on these things.. there's no comparison...

0|0
    0|0
  • I bet we are 😇😉

0|0
    0|1
    • 18 d ago

No surprise 🤣

• Ya way more, like way more

0|2
    0|0
  • Way more shallow and picky

0|3
    1|0
  • Im shallow about age.

1|0
    0|2
  • So... uh... about that body positivity movement?

0|0
    0|0
  • Both are VERY shallow.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah would you like a chart?

0|0
    1|0
  • Kind of obvious that they are.

0|1
    1|0
  • Not surprising at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in my opinion, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I need him to be close to perfection, yes.

0|0
    0|1
  • look at data, you'll find an answer

0|0
    0|0
  • [Generic Girl Profile]

"I'm funny, pretty and smart"
    "I like food"
    "I love adventures!"
    "must be able to make me laugh"
    "must be able to hold a conversation"

[Convo]
    Guy: Hey hows it going?
    Girl: Good
    Guy: I see you went to [insert country from picture], I thought about going there myself. How was it when you were over there?
    Girl: It was fun
    Guy: What was the one thing that most stood out to you?
    Girl: I don't know it was pretty
    Guy: Like pretty architecture or landscape?
    Girl: Both
    UGH

[Generic Guy Profile]

[minimal or no bio]

[convo type 1]
    (midnight / booty call hour)
    Guy: Wyd
    Girl: ...

[convo type 2]
    Guy: Omg [insert (rapey) complement]
    Girl: thanks :)
    Guy: [proceeds to hit on her and doesn't even hide it]

0|0
    0|0
  • no point in dating
    at all at this point

the end is almost here the woman and men
    are extremely stupid

they have rejected GOD
    and believe in false fables

0|0
    0|0
    • 13 d ago

You know you can talk to women in person right?

• Show All
    • 10 d ago

"they have rejected GOD
      and believe in false fables "

... These two things are effectively almost opposites.

• 10 d ago

@starfyredragon

tons of atheist every where which are basically satanist honestly
      but they don't even know it

and yes they have picked up fables
      you believe in things you cannot prove yourself

so they are fables

• Or, just looking for attention! (this is a big one and one that women have actually admitted to - it's not just my personal thoughts). Of the "real" women that are on them. SO, SO many fake profiles!

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say so. The purpose of natural dating was to weed out shy people and make men pursue and search for women. Now, we have apps that essentially congregate everyone even closer making every guy pursue every girl no matter the looks. But girls were always in the accepting business so potentially the same rejection rates happen but on a larger scale because the pool is really large, the boundaries close, and the pressure to choose is not there anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah and they can be since they have way more guys to choose from because it’s like 70/30 ratio of guys to women

0|0
    0|0
    • 13 d ago

Yeah they’re very shallow when it comes to height and hair loss on top of our head, things that we can’t do anything about and I’m almost always taller them but not with heels with some

• People that use online dating apps are just more shallow in general. Everything about them is designed to quickly find the most attractive people with the least effort and cast as wide a net as possible in hopes of catching something. Every thirsty guy is going to "holla at" the most attractive girls (or the really horny ones will hit on literally anyone that identifies as female), and girls (being absolutely spoiled for choice) are only going to respond to the most attractive guys. That's just the kind of people that are drawn to dating apps. Anyone that isn't shallow either fails to find anybody worth dating if they're a guy, or quits using the app after being flooded with thousands of "wyd bby wanna see my dick?" messages if they're a girl.
    Online dating sites and apps are just generally a bad way to try to find someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • Funny video but you have to remember the clientele of online dating generally men who can't pick up girls IRL so they are going to be uglier than average as a whole. The majority of women on there are exceedingly picky because its easy to be picky even land whales and welfare queens get their inboxes blown up because of horny guys so this boosts their confidence to unrealistic levels.

0|0
    1|0
    • 18 d ago

If only guys raised their standards

• 17 d ago

True, im not saying all men doing online dating are losers some are just normal dudes who are busy. Girls are also much better at fixing flaws artificially with filters makup and flattering angles dudes just do lazy ugly selfies.

• Yes. I have sent over a thousand emails on dating sites. Hoping that someone would like too meet up. And just have a conversation over a cup of coffee etc

0|1
    1|0
    • 18 d ago

For me. it's like. i want to get to no you. if we click that's great. if not. it was still nice. Being able too meet someone. And having a chat over coffee.

• 13 d ago

Curious to know. Why did someone down vote this?

Recommended myTakes