Religious people - most Christians say woman aren't supposed to chase - so how do you make the guy chase?

Every Christian leader I know says the man is supposed to do the wooing and chasing and hunting in the dating world

So if you meet a guy you are interested in - how do you get him to chase you?

Some girls dress up to bait guys into chasing them - but I don't like to objectify myself or to have others objectify me

1441

Most Helpful Guys

• I don’t see anything wrong with you making your interest known to him. I don’t see anything in scripture that would prohibit that.

However if you want him to chase you try flirting with him. Maybe dropping hints to invite you somewhere. For example you could say something during a conversation like: “I’ve never been to the science museum downtown and have always wanted to check it out.” If a girl was flirting with me or if I had an interest in a particular girl I’d use that as an opportunity to say something like: “me neither, I’ve always wanted to check it out too let’s go check it out together next Saturday” or ask for her number. I’ve taken more than one girl on a date because they basically dropped a hint like that and gave me the opportunity.

You could try the old damsel in distress routine. Try being in a situation or creating one where he might need to help you. I don't know. Maybe something like not being able to open a jar or something so you can get a conversation going with him.

I think your best bet is the option you don’t like. Some guys can be oblivious but getting dressed up and flirting heavily will get anyone’s attention.

• You can encourage him to pursue you by talking to him and being friendly. He should get it and take action.

Most Helpful Girls

• Do you like a particular guy at your church? If so, does he sing in the choir or have some other ministry? That’s how you get close to someone without being obvious. You end up spending time together building an emotional bond in a more righteous setting, so he respects you more. A Godly man does things to help the less fortunate, like feed the homeless. Don’t be afraid to ask a trusted friend to introduce you to someone who shares your values. I don’t recall anything in the Bible where it states women can’t take the initiative. I do know that behavior was taboo when I was growing up. Do beware that there are lots of creeps at church too who profess to be Christians but they do bad things and fall back on Jesus dying for their sins as justification. Pray on it and God bless.

• Be nice to him & show him that you're wifey material. Looking nice doesn't hurt (as I'm sure you would be more interested in a guy who was well-groomed)