What is a "momma's boy" to you, and why does it carry a negative connotation?

Not sure what people mean when they say that, or why it's "momma's boy" that is specifically being highlighted as opposed to "momma's girl", "daddy's girl" or "daddy's boy".

Bonus question: Would you or would you not date any of the above?

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• A guy who is pathetically attached to his mom. One that literally is unable to take any decisions himself unless he asks for mom's opinion, and of course will do what ever mommy tells him. A momma's boy, for me, has nothing in common with a real man. He will never stand by his SO, will be unable to take any decisions, is pampered and spoiled by his mom and expects the same treatment from his gf/wife, he's raised with the idea it's him that matters and nothing else. He will never care about his wife's feelings, needs, fears or whatever. He will always focus on him and demand everything the way he wants. His mom will always be the number one priority for him, and will neglect his wife and his own house if she snaps her fingers.
    Oh and then there's the eternal comparison. "My mom did it this way" "my mom says..." "my mom uses this detergent" "my cooks it this way" "my mom can cook better"
    So you go from 🙄, to 😑, then 🤯 and finally 😡🤬 and then you send him to h. e. l. l.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually mommas boy is a guy who still lives with his mother as an adult and lets her do everything for him and is incapable of being a proper functioning human without her to baby him and daddy’s girl is something that I hear quite a bit too but I really don’t know why the others aren’t as common

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "Momma's boy" is a man who has not established his ability to think or act independently, who constantly seeks approval from an authority figure (usually female,) and whi - in general -is as useless as the hind tits on a boar hog.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Someone really attached to his mother.

0|1
    0|0
  • LOL! I heard of this term before but did not really think about it until now.

Off the head, I am imagining a "momma's boy" as one who is already past teenage but still stays with his parents; go out shopping with his mum (her advising what clothes to buy); and never had sex because mum says no.

Date a "daddy's girl"? As a guy who believes in providing for my woman, yes, why not?

0|1
    0|0
  • a man or boy that is super clingy, attached and puts his mom as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 priority before anything or anyone else.

0|1
    0|0
  • My Bae right Now.. Until Death Do they part, he is being a BRIT FART. lolxxoo

0|0
    0|0
    • 6 d ago

He loves me, I love Him... We are Working it OUT in Our Relationship. xxoo

• Momma's boy is one who is really affectionate to his mother and knows mother's love is the truest love.

0|1
    0|0
  • A beta male

0|0
    0|0
  • The same thing that women call guys when they're having sex with them, "daddy"

ITS FUCKIN WEIRD

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes