Would you date me if I'm seeing a therapist?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • Hell no
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• People have different definitions of what is considered mentally healthy and mentally ill. I consider all immoral people to be sick in the heart and mind so I would diagnose a very large number of people as mentally ill even if a psychiatrist thinks they are normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • So... ? Everyone has issues , seeing a therapist is not a bad thing at all.
    But if I am getting to you , and find out you have severe mental issues, huge mood swings , etc that can affect our relationship. I ll proceed with caution

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• therapist alone as an issue, no. some people go to therapist for 20yrs or more. It takes 2seconds to screw up someones life, and a lifetime sometimes to discover that is the issue and correct it. I'd say better you are working on the fix now (young).

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, and if I can then I'd try and help you through your problems as well. I'd also be very considerate of those potential issues so as not to make them worse.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Being in therapy means that you are willing to confront and address problems. That is a good sign.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. Sorry, but if you're seeing a head doc or on some kind of psychiatric meds that has almost never gone well for me with a woman I got involved with.

0|0
    1|1
  • Seeing a therapist is excellent. Almost everyone can benefit from it at some point.

Are you finding it helpful? Are you getting some emotional relief? Learning how to communicate and get along better with others? All of that is great.

If someone is gravely mentally I'll and unstable, I would think twice.

But going to therapy? That's like saying you see the dentist regularly - generally a good thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is only being judgmental if one solely does not date because the person of interest is seeing a therapist.

A therapist for what? There are dozens of possible answers and you dating this person could make her/him have the possibility to stop seeing a therapist.

I believe that there are far more people out there with an issue that need therapy and counseling but don't have the courage to admit it and to see one.

She at least admits it and does something about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, no, no. Get yourself together FIRST and then see about talking with somebody about dating. Being a friend is the first step. Dating has a LOT of demands that will distract you from doing what is needed for your health and it becomes emotional codependency. The last thing a person needs is extra stress in their lives. And if a breakup happens, it can psychologically make it worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah why wouldn't I? way i see it if i was lucky enough to date someone then it would mean we had a connection/mutual attraction... and would mean also that I'd more than likely be beside whomever i would be dating at that point every step of the way and support them in working through whatever their issues were...

so yeah absolutely, if we liked each other

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to see a therapist regularly, I still do from time to time and to me there's nothing wrong about asking for help. Whatever you might be going true asking for help is human and can definitely help!! So yeah why not

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not? Just because she is seeing a therapist, doesn't mean anything is wrong or bad!!
    Maybe it helps, when we talk, and she is more comfortable, if I understand.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. There is nothing wrong with seeking professional help. The fact that you're pursuing that course of action (likely on your own accord) tells me that you're mature and realize you need it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It takes strength and courage just to begin going to therapy. It's called taking care of your health and that's a good thing. If it were me, I wouldn't want to date someone who didn't respect me and my well-being.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, that means you want to improve! Good for you :)

2|1
    0|0
  • You need to finish seeing your therapist and then date because no one would like you to talk to someone behind their back, thats a lack of trust. Also a therapist could manipulate you into thinking your partner is not good for you, but who are they to judge? Instead of talking about your partner you should talk about yourself and clear your head.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would assuming things are going well. I've dated plenty of women who SHOULD HAVE been in therapy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would probably convince you therapy doesn't work lol
    then we can use that money on nice dinners and overcoming your problems

0|0
    3|0
  • No. Not because of the therapist, thats cool (havent seen mine for a long time now, thinking of going back), but even if 24 i think the age gap is a bit much

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, totally!
    Actually, I'm more confident I'll have a healthy relationship with that person if they go to therapy :)

P. S. I'm a Psychology student and I also go to therapy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would rather date someone who is seeing a therapist rather than someone that has problems but refuses to do anything to fix them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with seeking help if you need it. A sign you are mature and taking care of yourself

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes , cause i been seeing a therapist for over several years
    so it wouldn't matter to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've just started seeing one and I'm praying my boyfriend dosent leave me or anything

1|0
    0|0
  • I've dated women who were in therapy and those who should have been. Of the two, the ones in therapy were more fun.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I also see a therapist. I'll be seeing a psychologist too for suspected bipolar disorder.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I wanted to be with you enough to date you. I would become your therapist whether I like it or not, LOL! 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Well i don't know you, but if i got to know you i wouldn't judge you on your mental health nor seeing a therapist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly. Depends on the issues as to why you are in therapy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've come to the conclusion that it's a bad idea to date a woman who is not seeing a therapist. They all need it--lots of it.

0|0
    1|0
  • If you were hot af and went to see them to cure your nymphomania, would.

0|0
    0|0
  • Better bet than someone who doesn't. Unless you're flaky then No.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends. Is it a minor or serious issue? Are you hot? Are you following the recommendations of the therapist?

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on whether you aew a mass murder or hate your mom.

0|0
    0|0
  • why not? we all have problems its how we handle them and seek help for handing them

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what it was for. It does put you ahead of all those who should be but are not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why wouldn't I, that is human kinds biggest flaw at times, judgment

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what you are seeing them for. ADD? Sure. Psychopathy?
    Yeaaahh I'm gonna pass.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Because you post this anonymously.

0|1
    1|0
    • 9 d ago

Why does that matter

• Show All
    • 9 d ago

Its embarrassing. But I'm sure you dont go through half of my problems either

• 9 d ago

No…not really, it's not.
      …and I am sure you don't know about my problem to make that statement.

• Yes why not, but why are you seeing a therapist?

1|0
    1|0
    • 9 d ago

I want to get better in life

• 9 d ago

I hope you will, do you know that if you were married and you were a housewife, if your husband kisses you and hug you tight to him, this will be thr most effective permanent cure 😊

• Sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Better than having issues and not getting treated.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure someone will

1|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't affect my view of you.

1|0
    0|0
  • of course

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the kind of therapist and the reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... depends on what your seeing the therapist for.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what your seeing a therapist for

0|0
    0|0
  • I think men would, maybe not all men

0|0
    0|0
  • One shall never know until they try.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no