Why would a guy want to commit fast?

I've dated two guys who have wanted to commit to a realtionship within a week of knowing them. They were bad guys... abusive.

I'm wondering if this is a red flag for anyone? I don't know if I should see this as a bad thing?

Any advice would be appreciated :-)

05

Most Helpful Guys

• Even though you describe them as bad guys and abusive... they both probably felt really attracted to you.

I would like to think guys would only take their time to commit if they weren't sure about the girl from the start... so they need time to figure it out.

Maybe you give off good vibes and appeared to be a very attractive candidate to them... hence why their eagerness to commit more quickly.

Having said that it can also be a sign of lack confidence on the mans part and being slightly possessive and needy. Usually a guy that is more in control won't feel the need to rush things and pace himself better. And yeah a week seems too soon. It's a little worrying on his part.

So it's a mix of both in the end... your attractiveness and his confidence and self esteem.

• 7 d ago

I see... they both turned out to be narcissist. They had no friends. They ended up calling me ugly and fat and rejecting me, which was a controlling tactic so I wouldn't leave. I didn't believe other people when they called me pretty. I was physically assaulted by one of them. My self-esteem went down after dating them.

I just wanted to see what guys think cuz it felt pressured and rushed at the beginning.

• 7 d ago

Thanks for the info. very helpful :-)

• 7 d ago

You're welcome

• Hunger, desperation, zero other options, very blue balls.