In response to feminists like Alyssa Milano, should men stop having sex until they have equal abortion rights?

If women go on a sex strike until they get abortion rights then is it only fair if men do the same? Is it moral to use your sexuality as a weapon to force your version of equality?

To be clear I dont agree with anti-abortion laws or forcing abortions on women. I am just making a point about what she said in response, because I've always thought that men are kind of screwed over in this aspect, we have less birth control options and no abortion options. If men wanted to they could try to do a #sexstrike too? Would that be wrong of them? Would it fail?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My stance is that people can do with their sexuality whatever they want to. Frankly, I don’t particularly care about the reasoning, whether profound or pointless. Given that there isn’t some moral obligation to have sex, I don’t think it’s morally wrong to abstain from it. If someone wants to abstain from sex, that’s their prerogative.

Could men go on sex strike? Well, if they wanted to. I feel it would be equivalent to MGTOW people abstaining from dating or whatnot. It hasn’t really caught on in mass and has limited effectiveness. A sexstrike is quite possibly pointless, because while we do care about who we personally have sex with and who they have had sex with, we don’t really care in general if some friend, let alone a stranger does/doesn’t have sex.

Personally, I think sex strikes like that are going to be limited in power, because...
    1.) It sounds more grand than it actually is in practice. Refusing sex isn’t exactly unheard of, especially if the sect of women advocating for the sex strike were refusing sex in the first place. Someone doesn’t need sex— it’s a want. (I dunno the demographics on those advocating.) It’d have more of an impact for someone in a relationship that is sexually active, but that’s just going to cause personal strife rather than promote a political agenda. Who outside of the relationship really cares if the couple is having sex?

2.) It won’t have much impact unless done in great mass. Considering a good amount of people like sex, and the agenda is a bit distant from the action, a lot of people won’t follow it. Again, you don’t need to have sex after all. It’s not really forcing anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be kind of retarded to go on a sex strike unless your partner held views on abortion opposed to your own, and if that was the case and you felt so strongly about it then you should break up rather than play silly games. She needs to rethink that idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, you have your arguments, but I firmly believe in nature:

Man can say what they want about sex strike, it will fail, miserably 😆😆😆😆😆

So your proposal won't even last a week even if it became law. LOL!

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never heard of that woman before, I've never heard anything she said.
    But, to answer your question, men should definitely NOT stop having sex until they have equal abortion rights... very very stupid question if you ask me.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

She said on twitter that women should stop having sex and go on a #sexstrike until the abortion laws in alabama are repealed.

• 4 d ago

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

• 4 d ago

Ikr, that's why I posted this question. It's mostly meant to make fun of the idea while hopefully showing anyone who supports it that they would not support men doing the same, making them hypocritical.

• Too many easy men for you guys to even try it, plus plenty of men are pro choice.

0|0
    0|1
    • 4 d ago

If 80% of men decide they want a say in abortion though and they strike, would that be moral? Plus, couldn't the same be said about the sex strike? There are plenty of easy women and plenty of women are prolife.

• Show All
    • 4 d ago

Yeahh... 80% of guys are ugly so it would be a good thing if 80% of the male population decided to go on a sex strike becuase the majority of women wouldn't care?

So the fact that most women wouldn't be hurt by it makes it okay? What about all the women who want to start a family and can't because only 20% of men are willing to date?

Do you have any evidence to support the idea that far more men are easy than women? As a result of feminism lots of women are easy.

I agree pro choice women likely outnumber prolife men, but that wasn't the point. As I said in the post I don't actually support the idea, I'm trying to get other peoples serious thoughts on it, not some stupid joke of a reaction. What you have said is rather bigoted, imagine if men commented on Alyssa Milano's tweet: "LOL I'd love to see women try this too many easy women for it to be worth a shot, besides, it would never work since so many women are ugly. What a joke!"

• 4 d ago

I can’t argue with pro life guys you guys make no sense. You’ll see how powerful women are when we work together.

• Ironic how the women participating in the sex strike are essentially embracing the Christian value of abstinance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see what giving up sex stops or changes. My partner and I aren't going to stop having sex in order to protest something that neither of us can change.

0|0
    0|0
  • In most relationships I am aware of the couples have the same view point. So denying a man who already agrees with you sex solves literally nothing except maybe relationship problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Lol if anything they stop tucking the puss and make her suck it. Milanio is not going about it the right way. If anything, she should demand a pregnancy strike with birth control. No babies until you cure poverty and climate change in America.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is pretty funny actually. The Right passes the laws to stop abortions. She wants to cut off sex, which will also stop abortions. And she thinks she is punishing the people pushing it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. If men or women don't want to deal with the consequences of having sex, then they should stop having sex.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

This question has nothing to do with consequences, it was meant to focus on the moral aspect of sexstriking by reversing the perspectives.

• Show All
    • 3 d ago

She's not forcing morality on others. If they don't want to adopt her morals, then they can simply not have sex with her. She's not obligated to have sex with anyone

• 3 d ago

I dont mean her specifically I mean as a whole, if 50+% men or women, as an organized group, began refusing to have sex unless everyone else did what they wanted, effectively holding the country/government hostage (since we need children) using their sexuality as a weapon. Her idea is immoral, if we ever tried it then we would be using children as a commodity that we could threaten in order to make the government submit to us.

• There will be those guys who dont strike and just start boning all these immoral women.

killing babies is retarded. I do like Alyssa Milanos call for abstinence but she is doing it for the wrong reasons.

These baby murders dont realize they wouldn't have the blood of the unborn on their hands if they just used the proper precautions. Ultimate contraceptive is abstinence.

Women dont have the right to choose whether someone else should live or die.

Also pregnancies caused by rape should not be aborted. Thats immoral af. 2 wrongs dont make a right

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't really follow this feminist bullshit. so i don't care. i have sex with a condom so i'm not getting anyone pregnant anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say great. While we’re at it, lock them in camps and beat them with clubs until their opinions change.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

Hey man, if we're going to allow the use of force in order to change the opinions of sexist men who support anti-abortion laws then why not use force to change the opinions of sexist women who support laws we dont like?

• 3 d ago

My opinion is about women like Alyssa Milano, not anti-abortion individuals.

• 3 d ago

Why are you so bitter about people choosing to not have sex, which will prevent them from needing abortions? It's a smart thing to do.
      They're not having sex because they don't want to get pregnant. Isn't that what anti-abortionists have been telling them to do for decades?

• Women are ridiculous sometimes
    Sex strike 😂 always putting their pussy’s on a pedastool

Girl go ahead. Strike. Lets see how long you last. They think we dont know how horny they are. Ha! Worse than a taz mania devil in heat

So petty. Its true. Its not like men do such petty things like sex strike because we dont have the same abortion rights as women. Oh puh lease
    One thing that might favour men and look, these girls can’t handle it

They can't handle the fact that having sex comes with consequences. Cause they do it too much

0|0
    0|0
  • you do that...

0|0
    0|0
  • Id like to think men could do something like that but there are way too many simps and soy boys out there who worship dirty pussy, but yes avoid the stupid feminist women

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes