2 d

How do I get over my fear of trying to date?

I know this sounds really bad, but every time I find myself attracted to a guy, I don’t even bother approaching him because I assume he’s either going to be abusive (mentally and/or physically) or he’s going to manipulate me and use me.

This is has been my experience with every guy I’ve been attracted to and it’s not that it’s just one certain type of guy because I’ve tried looking for guys from just about all walks of life. Different backgrounds, professions, beliefs, ethnicities etc. I’m willing to be open minded and give most guys a chance until they prove otherwise.

After discussing my fear with friends and family members, they all pretty much said about the same thing. That I should be lucky I get one to stick around and just deal with the abuse, cheating and non-commitment.

Call me crazy, I still hold onto the idea that maybe, there’s some guys out in the world who don’t do any of those things and that maybe there’s a guy like that who shows their love for me in return. I’m not asking for anyone perfect because I know that no one is, but I just want someone who would never hurt me. (Mentally and or physically).
2
2