3 mo

Is it wrong for your boyfriend to tell you what to wear?

I been dating this guy for about 9 mos. I actually have feelings for him and love him. But he can not stand when I wear even just gym shorts yo the gym. I'm thicker in my legs and butt. So my shorts do come off as a little short even just wearing baggy gym shorts. The only way to prevent this is if I wore guys shorts or grandma shorts. It's really not revealing tho and nothing hangs out. He believes that I'm looking for attention from other guys. Not true. I feel good about the way I look and that is most certainly not my intention. I even lost over 40 pounds a few years ago. He has dated some trashy girls that have cheated on him. He's a very good looking guy just is pretty insecure and often asks me questions like if I'm sending pics to other guys? Like I literally don't know what kind of vibe I'm giving off that I would do something like this? It's truly insulting. I try my best to reassure him and be sincere about it as possible. He doesn't even like me hanging out with my friends alone. But he goes out alone and doesn't tell me? I don't mind it at all if he's with his friends. It's just suspicious that he hides it then tells me he's not comfortable with me doing it. Signs of a cheater I know.
3 mo
I've never really dated someone so insecure. I am a bit out of his league and he has admitted this several times but I truly love him and don't know how to put his mind at ease. I literally work, go to the gym and go home with my son.
69
60