3 mo

“I want to be friends and get to know you more”?

I hope this isn’t too confusing and i am hoping to gain some clarity on this... i met a woman and i was thinking it was a “meet and greet” kind of thing before trying to go on a date, because we met on a dating site. Things were going really well through text before i met her and when i went to meet her, she said she had plans with a friend and invited me to hang out with them. When i got there, she had 5 friends there as well, so it was super awkward for me. We hung out, she said “you are really awesome, but i don’t really see this going anywhere romantically”. As i didn’t really hold any expectations on this meet and greet, i said thank you for the honesty and i left it at that. She then brought up the idea of a friendship through text the next day, i can always use friends and she seemed really nice, so i agreed.

Here’s where it’s a little confusing: the last woman i dated gave me the friend speech and i thought we were cool as friends, then through the span of about 6 weeks, the woman i was dating apparently thought we evolved into a relationship and i had no idea. And this new woman I’ve met just texted me saying “I’d like to get to know you more, so I’m glad you want to be friends” after dropping off the face of the planet for a couple of days.

Thoughts on what she might be thinking? I don’t want to end up in the same situation as the previous dating nightmare i was in...
1
1