3 mo

girlfriend is studying abroad and all she’s been doing the past two weeks is question our relationship. Is this a sign of something?

My girlfriend of 1.5 years went studying abroad in Paris two weeks ago and is supposed to come back two weeks from today. Yet she seems to have a completely different vibe towards me. She looks for reasons to get mad, she brings up past arguments that have already been solved, she says that I am stunting her growth. That she's never learned anything from me, that I am not cultured enough. She wants more of an intellectual relationship. And I guess I can see how it makes sense but why does she bring it up now? She never had this sort of problem before the trip.

I am guessing it’s the travel bug people get when coming from a close relationship and given so much individual time. But guys quiet honestly this is all really painful. like I love this woman a lot and I was never told any of this or noticed any signals. And ever since that convo, I promised her I would give her more time, we would take swing dancing lessons, go to more art museums and take up more books and reading, picnics at the park, etc. but she still looks for ways to get upset. Just today she decided to test me. She messages me in mid day to tell me a boy she met at the bar leaned in and kissed her on the lips... so I started getting sad and upset because it shouldn’t have come to that point. And I’m sitting here at home laying on the floor staring at the ceiling with tears in my eyes only for her to tell me she was testing to see if I would say “I knew it”.

Like she has this vision of me that I’m just waiting around for her to cheat on me just so I can rub it in her face... (she has sent her nudes to a random stranger before and a month or two earlier she gave an attractive man her number, realized after it was not cool and told his friend to tell him she has a boyfriend and to not text her. Her ex has hit her up multiple times and she’s asked me to let her see him) so I’ve had some trust issues with her but I still trust her when she goes out to come home safe. I just want an opinion. I’m sorry if this was so long.
2
6