3 mo

Is this a date?

So I met a guy like 3 months ago, on boarding games event. Since then I see him like once a week or twice among the group of other people and we play games. We don't really know each other that much since there is no much time for casual talk during these events, and I thought he is not very interested in getting to know me.
Lately out of nowhere he asked me to go to the cinema with him, and two days later he asked if I want to go bowling. I don't know, since I'm totally inexperienced in these kind of stuff, if should I consider these as dates? I know he is in open relationship with a girl, which lives in another city (only from facebook, he didn't say anything yet), and i don't know if his sudden attempts to meet with me is only friendly or what. What do you think? We're going out tomorrow and I'm confused.
Is this a date?
1
1