He keeps telling me he wants to hang out, but never makes the plan to, what is his deal?!

Anonymous
Okay so I have this old friend who him and I just was reunited (sort of, through facebook). After like a month of messaging back and forth, he finally asks for my number; which was just about a week ago. He is showing all signs of being interested in getting together with me… Maybe I’m getting too excited and over my head but every time we talk he tries to keep the conversation going (through text). Sometimes he initiates the conversation, sometimes I do. I think its pretty equal… He says he wants to hang out, and I say I do too. Last Saturday he texted me; asking what I was doing, it was pretty late but I told him I was playing cards and we kept texting back and forth for awhile. So Monday comes around and I just wanted to talk to him so I texted him to say hi! And he responded with a what’s up and I told him that I just wanted to say hi. And he told me he was glad I did. Is that a good sign? Anyways we started texting back and forth once again and he told me that we definitely need to hang out and play drinking card games together (because I told him I wanted to teach him how to play 13). I really want to toooo but when, damnit?!?! He keeps saying he wants to hang out with me but never tells me when! Am I doing anything wrong? I know I just gave my number to him to a week ago but we have been talking for over a month now. I’m really scared to ask him to do anything with me; I really would like him to ask me… as he keeps saying he wants to hang out with me. What is his deal? I would really want to see where this can go because I have always had a little crush on him….
1
1