3 mo

My boyfriend said he didn’t want to be in labour with me and is completely unsympathetic. I feel to break up with him. What is your guys opinion?

Me and my boyfriend were talking about pregnancy the other day, and I casually said (as I’ve always assumed), your going to be there when I’m giving birth right? And he straight up said no I do not want to be there and I asked him why and he said because he was too soft to see me in pain and also that it looked dirty. I think this is completely idiotic but he said he didn’t want to be there anyway. I said to him but I want you there and he said ok I’ll try. Anyways we have kept going back and forth about it and I asked him, well if your not going to be there then who else will? Who is going to hold my hand during the whole thing? And he said no one, the doctor will be there to support your no one will hold your hand. And I said well that’s what I bloody want! And he said yeah ok you can have whoever you want there, but for the moment I thought no one else was going to be there because I’m not, and that it wasn’t important for me to have someone there how I want, as the doctor is enough. Anyways I totally feel like where not on the same page about this, and we have just started renting a flat and I don’t want to be with him anymore. He also feels the same and said I don’t understand his point. He is Albanian and in his culture the man is never there. Only females are ever present. Anyways his responses have totally felt like he does not understand me at all but he is making me feel as if I’m crazy and I’m the one with the issues. Can someone please give me some advice please and I feel like if I just accept what he says I am lowering my standards! How the hell can the man im planning to marry have such less empathy towards me if I was in labour!!! He thinks a doctor is enough? I wouldn’t need anyone there holding my hand and calming me down. This is a idiot to me.
2
1