3 mo

Just came clean to guy I catfished for 3 years?

+5Xper
We live in different countries. When we met online, I had no intention of it getting serious. I don't know if it's a complete catfish bc i used pictures of myself but from my chest up but never my body bc im really fat. Never meant for it to get serious but we ended up really clicking. We would talk on the phone for 6 hours almost everyday. The whole time the guilt was eating me up inside I was so miserable, I wanted to tell him and I tried so many times but it was too embarrassing.

I tried ghosting him but I felt so horrible to have led him on for so long and also because he would text me wondering why I ghosted him. The last straw was when he told me he was willing to pay to come to my country and meet me in person and out of panic I said no. I was too scared to face him in person and he thought I said no bc I didn't like him and it hurt his feelings. That's when I knew that if I really like and care for this person, I shouldn't be doing this to him bc it's wrong, hurting him and wasting his time.

It was so terrifying and I almost had a panic attack but TODAY, I explained everything and sent full body pictures. It felt like I was dying but I knew I had to. I told him it was understandable if he didn't want to talk to me ever again. He read the messages and hasn't replied and it hurts bad but I don't feel as horrible as I thought I would. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, like I can finally breathe without feeling guilty every second of the day. I'm so sorry to him, I truly am and I sincerely hopes he finds a really nice and beautiful girl bc he deserves it.

I've never done this before, catfish someone. Like I said it was super unintentional (even though I should have been honest from the start) but I can see why people get addicted to it. If you're out there and you are catfishing someone, stop being selfish and let that person go. If you really care and love for someone you shouldn't deceive and hurt them this way.
2
0