3 mo

It's been 1.5 months, we haven't defined the relationship and I don't know what the expectations are? Help?

At ~2 week mark, we had already slept w/ each other 6 times and I told him I couldn't just do a casual thing bc I didn't want to get attached. He told me it was understandable, he wasn't into labels at the moment but was open to an exclusive relationship. We had also confirmed with each other that we weren't sleeping with other people.

Since then he has been more affectionate and loving, we go out to dinner, spend holidays together, have met each others friends, and confirmed that we don't have dating apps but I'm still unsure.

Fast forward to ~6 weeks, he made a comment about how I should start paying for dinner every so often. I told him I have a rule that I don't start paying/investing money unless I'm in an exclusive relationship.(I pay for our lyfts, groceries, and dessert to be helpful anyway so it's not like I'm leaving him out to dry). He got quiet for a second and said, "I don't think I'm that suave enough to pick up another girl at the same time. " I asked him what he meant by that comment and he just shrugged it off and changed the subject.

Overall, it's unclear what the expectations are. It already feels like a relationship and were not dating or seeing other people, but its important to me that we have that label of girlfriend-boyfriend. I'm trying to keep it cool because it's still early but it's been bothering me and I don't know how to handle it. What are we? What do I do?
1
1