3 mo

My boyfriend said he doesn’t like talking about his feelings because it’s not masculine, do I push him to open up or let him be?

I’ve been with my boyfriend for 8 months. Over time, he’s really opened up to me more; however, there are still certain things he doesn’t like talking about and if he gets uncomfortable he just says “I don’t want to talk about it”. Basically, he doesn’t come to me with his problems. He told me that it’s just “not him”, and that he likes to keep everything inside and not talk about it to others because he’s not comfortable and it’s not masculine. I of course explained that he could always come to me and that it’s not “girly” to talk of your feelings, it’s healthy. He agrees that it’s probably not healthy, but I can’t change his mind. He has kept very big problems in his life from me because he “doesn’t want me to worry”. I want him to open up to me more but I don’t want to push him if he’s not ready and I don’t want to make him uncomfortable. How do I get him to open up more without annoying him?
6
1