3 mo

I went on a first date with a girl and realized I am just not ready for a relationship, I feel bad because I feel like I led her on... advice?

I went on a date with this girl the other day, I was really excited for it as we were flirting a ton before the first date. We meet up and we hook up and then I realize I am just not ready for a relationship. There were a lot of personal things that happened in the days after that made me realize this even more, but the fact of the matter is, I don’t think it’s a good fit, plus I am just not ready. I thought I would be, I have been single for a while but I am still in the process of working on myself and I realized I still am not fully happy with myself yet. And I want to make sure I am in a good place myself before I start anything.

It may have been naive of me to think I was ready, and I feel really guilty because she has been really nice and fun to talk to. I also just feel like I lead her on. But what would be the best thing to say to her? I have rarely ever had to end things, normally it’s the person I am seeing who either says they aren’t interested or ghost me, so I am not really ready to do that to someone else, but I know I need to so I don’t string them along. Thoughts?
0
2