3 mo

Did I go too far?

A few months ago I was using my bfs laptop. I was going to check my fb and when I typed in face, a link appeared with his ex gfs name on it. Same thing happened when I typed in Instagram. I’ll admit my trust issues and insecurity got the best of me so I pulled up his history and saw that he’s been checking ALL her social media everyday. This really bothered me, but I figured since they weren’t talking, it couldn’t do much harm so I never brought it up.

Just a couple days ago, we bumped into his ex and they had a quick catch up. He introduced me to her and that was it during that interaction. That night I had an uneasy feeling so I ended up looking at his phone. He texted her that his bday was coming up and wanted to know if she was still up for coffee.

I talked to him immediately about it. She msged him first that she was glad that he was doing well. Now when they broke up 3 years ago she moved onto a new relationship and she wanted to remain friends. She wished him a happy birthday the year they broke up and offered to treat him to coffee. He didn’t take the offer during that time, but now that she msged him again he msged her back wanting to see if she was still up for that offer.

After talking to him I still don’t understand why he would want to reconnect with her after all these years. He said they were really close (well duh you two were fu king each other) and he wanted to see where she was in life (but you keep tabs on her social). He also said that because he’s dating me now he’s ready to meet with her. Due to my past on getting cheated on twice in a very similar situation, I didn’t want him to keep talking to her. I told him if he wants to keep rekindle his friendship that’s fine, but for my own sake I can’t sit there and watch that happen knowing that he might possibly still have feelings for her. So I told him if he does, I can’t be in a relationship with him. I know what I did was wrong, but did I overreact and go too far?
3 mo
We’ve been together for a year and half
3 mo
Would you guys stay in the relationship then?
Did I go too far?
5
2