2 mo

What does he want from me? Thoughts on his perspective?

I met this guy joe 4 years ago at a bar. We would hang out but it was pretty clear he only wanted to hook up. 1 year in he brings up wanting to date but when asked to clarify said he changed his mind due to past experiences and he didn’t want to hurt me. We still text sporadically hook up every so often. Said he won’t stop me from dating but doesn’t like the idea. Calls when it’s convenient or he was drinking. Figured he’s just using me when he pleases and I fall right into it. I get tired of it and start dating Dan and end up together for 2 years. joe would text me and check in every 3 mths knowing I’m taken. I would have reoccurring thoughts of dating Joe, I couldn’t shake him even after being in a relationship. I ignored joes I miss you text and then get another days later asking if I’m happy With my boyfriend. I felt guilty about these thoughts and broke up with dan due to other factors. Around this time Joe texts that he regrets never actually dating me. Admitting he used to contact when it was convenient. We start talking and he told me he wants to date so we hang out a few times (no hook up). He has to move away for school for 2 years and talked about me visiting. Talk for months and once again disappears. I get a text a days ago out of no where. Start talking and he apologized for disappearing b4 leaving said he didn’t know what was going on. He then proceeds to ask If im still single said yes. Asked why he is still single and I joked that no girls in his new town tickled his fancy. He replies with no that’s not why, and said “to be honest talking to you always seemed to calm my nerves and I’ve been really stressed out lately”.

He gets under my skin so much. Is he interested? Is he just home sick? It’s embarrassing how nuts he drives me. I haven’t even technically dated this guy and I get more worked up over stuff he’s done than my boyfriend of 2 years. I will ask but wanted to know if I may be missing something. He still seems interested but held back in some ways. Thanks!
1
1