2 mo

Am I doing the right thing completely pulling back from this guy if he's not sure what he wants?

Have been seeing a guy for 3 mths who just got out of a long term relationship about a year ago. We recently had a discussion about where this is going and basically he said he liked me a lot, things were going really well which kind of scared him, but he wasn’t sure if he was ready for commitment. I said that was fine but if he was going to be dating other people I would be as well which he seemed surprised by. I also suggested that maybe the best thing is for us to take a step back, he can do what he wants and figure out what he wants and if he does, and wants to call me later on and see where im at he can. After that talk I left his place that morning and ended up running into him that night and sleeping over bcus he asked me too which I felt maybe confused things but oh well…the following day he reached out saying I left something at his house and would get it back to me next time we say each other. I don’t really care about what I left at his place and don’t really need it back so it’s not like there's any rush to see each other. We haven’t talked now for 2 days which is the longest since we’ve been hanging out. I don’t want to reach out bcus I feel like I made my point clear to him that I don’t want a bunch of boyfriends and after 3 mths if we are still both dating other people whats really the point. I feel like it’s clear where i stand and ball is in his court. Thing is I know this guy is kind of insecure and not the best at communicating maybe is also not reaching out because of what I said about dating other guys and maybe he is feeling insecure about that, then sleeping over at his house after might have sent the wrong message and confused our talk. What is the right move here based on our conversation? Is it right that I pull back completely and see what happens, or should I reach out after a few more days?
1
0