3 mo

Are you enjoying a summer romance or a summer fling this year? Or do you have fond memories of one you had in the past?

Are you enjoying a summer romance?
Are you enjoying a summer romance?
I spent six weeks every summer for five years at a summer camp for academically gifted kids. It wasn't like an actual camp; we went to class in the daytime and we lived in college dorms, but our free time was our own, and most of us spent it enjoying our hobbies and trying to meet people. There was even a special time and place in the evening after Evening Activities unofficially known as "Meat Market," set aside just for us to find someone to go out with and/or hook up with (the hooking up part was frowned on by the counselors, but there were always ways around that). I always had at least one summer romance every time I went there. Most of them didn't go much past lots of long passionate kisses and occasionally letting him feel me up under my top, but a couple did, and those are the ones I remember most vividly.

Also, until my parents got divorced, we always spent two weeks in August at our shore house in New England, I guess to preserve the illusion that we were a normal stable family. My parents, who mostly ignored my sister and me the rest of the year, watched us like a hawk when we were on vacation, so I only had one real fling the last season we were there. It turned out kind of bittersweet in the end, but I guess most of them do if they actually mean anything. What about you? What's your story?
38
24