3 mo

I like a guy who has a girlfriend but they have relationship issues, What should I do?

I met this guy on Facebook approximately one month ago. He told me right off the bat that he has a girlfriend, I respected that and decided to not go any further as in relationship wise. We connected on other topics, & soon realize we had a lot in common. We decided to hang out as friends, he was working and going to the same university as I did. He is a firefighter, I am a nurse. He has been dating his girlfriend little less than a year, they both attend church, he is the male lead in an acapella gospel group, however he says he is unhappy with the relationship. He broke up with her 3 weeks ago but she uses the fact that she was with him through everything when his mother died 5 months ago, she uses emotional connections to tie him back into the relationship. He told her that he doesn’t want to be in an unhappy relationship as she shows no form of affection, she doesn’t come over his house, she doesn’t call or text unless he does and he is frustrated. She knows that he loves him but she doesn’t reciprocate that same love to him. He finally ended things again since week however, she has been calling and texting; everything possible to get him back in her life but he wants to move on.
I really like this guy and I know he deserves better. I don’t know what I should do, I’m being his friend but I want to be more. At what point do I know he is ready?
He loves her but he admits they are incompatible. He even asked me how I stopped myself from loving my ex. I was honest to him by saying I didn’t stop myself I just admitted that it was time to let go because we were not meant for each other. I don’t know what to do I really like this guy but I’m scared his ex might swoop back in and steal him away 😔
27
11