2 mo

Have you ever tried to "fake" being attracted to a potential partner?

Yes, they were married, but it lasted less than two years!
I posted a question recently about a high school classmate for whom I lusted as a teen. She was HOT! I met her years later and she had gained 200 pounds. I commented that she was still a wonderfully sweet and sincere person but I felt absolutely no attraction to her.

Ever met someone years later and been horribly disappointed?

A number of users responded to advise that I, indeed, am a shallow, shallow man and my username should be revoked. Yes, they told me that I am lower than a snake's belly and my heart is colder than a well digger's ass. Apparently, I was "supposed to be" attracted to her because she is a good person and I am "suppose to" ignore the fact that she is now as large as a small John Deere.

The problem with becoming as virtuous as my critics is that physical attraction is something over which I have no conscious control. I can't "decide" to be attracted and make it happen. I could pretend and lie to the girl and tell her how beautiful she looks but that would just be unfair to both of us. How would you feel if you learned, two years into a relationship, that your partner really isn't physically attracted to you?

So. . . what do you do when you meet someone who is nice in all the right ways but simply is not physically attractive to you?

[SJW's, virtue signalers, and others who mistakenly believe that they occupy the moral high ground: save your condescending critical comments for someone who cares. If you think I care, I can assure you that it is an optical illusion. This is not a challenge; just don't do it!]
I have never had a potential partner.
I have never had a date with anyone to whom I did not feel attracted
I have had a date with someone to whom I did not feel attracted and I didn't pretend; I did not ask for, or agree to, a second date
Vote C
I have had a date with someone to whom I did not feel attracted and I didn't pretend; I asked for, or agreed to, a second date to see if anything might develop, but it didn't change
Vote D
I have had a date with someone to whom I did not feel attracted and I didn't pretend; I asked for, or agreed to, a second date to see if anything might develop, and I developed an attraction
Vote E
GirlGuy
16
27