2 mo

Is it a good or bad idea to RUSH trying to get a boyfriend or girlfriend?

Ever since I got out of high school, I've been in a big rush to try to get a boyfriend, because I've been obsessed with the age that I have my first boyfriend. (Like, I felt like you have to have a boyfriend or girlfriend by the time you're 18, and if you don't, then you have to when you're 19, if not, then 20, and so on and so forth.) So all this time I've been in such a rush to get a boyfriend for the sake of dating by a certain age. But my parents and my therapist have been telling me that "getting a boyfriend or girlfriend" is not something that can be rushed and that's not how it works and that age thing is silly and "you don't date someone merely for the sake of dating or to date by a certain age or like you just have to get it done so you can 'check it off your checklist' or whatever". Are my parents and my therapist right about this stuff? And if so, can you please elaborate and/or explain?
5
0