2 mo

Girl Wouldn't Get Divorced But Wanted to Be Exclusive?

I met a girl on eHarmony. She told me she was separated for 5 years, but still technically married. I was fine taking her on some simple dates to get to know her and see how her situation would pan out. At one point, she asked if we could be in a relationship until she figured out what she wanted to do about her divorce. I told her she had to get a divorce first before even getting into anything serious... Last week she gave me an ultimatum. She wanted to start having sex, be in a serious relationship, etc. I told her I was fine with that but again, she needed to get her previous marriage worked out and get divorced. Her exact words were "It will hurt me too much to get a divorce, and I can't put myself through that kind of pain. If we can't be intimate, it's best to stop seeing each other."... I was floored that she expected me to make her number one but I had to be numberr two. I said, "That is fine. Call me if you ever work it out with your husband." I know I made the right choice, but why in the world would she be like that?
Girl Wouldn't Get Divorced But Wanted to Be Exclusive?
Add Opinion