2 mo

Help me understand this situation?

I met and old friend 4 months back. We started a sexual relationship. He’s expressed that he wanted more but we weren’t ready. So I told him as much as I’d like more Id agree due to his circumstances that he may be incarcerated in the near future and that’s a lot to think about. During that time that’s where we were most vulnerable revealing that he’s an alcoholic, experience depression, and loss of self-value, etc. I’ve done nothing but be there for him the best way that I possibly could.

During that time he has expressed to everyone of his friends and family that I was indeed his girlfriend/lady. I’ve met them and been introduced as such. Even though we haven’t had the talk of being exclusive, I went with it. And I’ve grown to fall for him. But in the back of my mind I still never felt as If I was his girlfriends just because his actions would say otherwise. Now as it gets closer to court dates and such, he totally went ghost on me. So I gave him time ask confused and frustrated I was. I asked him why was he being distant and If he wanted to stop what we was doing to say so. And he said something like “stop tying to move on, ride the wave. i just got a lot going on” . Moments later he was like “If I think moving on would make me happy , so be it” so I told him I’ll give him all the space that he needs. I figured he went ghost because he had enough on his plate with the law and not having to do with losing interest because a while back he was like “I promise you you’re the only girl I have eyes on”. Then I ended up seeing that he unfollowed me on Instagram. But kept me on Facebook. So I took the initiative to unfriend him on Facebook now he’s calling me. I never picked up because now I feel like I just don’t know how to deal with his situation. What’s your advice? What would you do?
Help me understand this situation?
1
1