2 mo

First date with a girl I met online. No kiss at the end. Did I blow it?

So went out for a first date with a girl I met online last night. We had talked briefly on the phone twice before the date. She was a little nervous about meeting me at first, never tried online dating. But we met up last night for dinner at a nice italian restaurant. We had plans to go somewhere else after, but the place was closed by the time we were done, and she said before the first date that we can go there another time.

The date went better than I expected actually. No real awkward moments, conversation was flowing. Meal was good, good atmosphere. Had a good amount in common, and kept it light and got her laughing a few times. I complimented her a bit and she was telling me how I was sweet. And we even talked about some things we could do in the future, and she seemed down, although we didn't set up an exact time.

So place was starting to empty out, and after I paid we talked for a bit more, then she started grabbing her purse, and I took that as a sign that we are ready to go. We walked out of the restaurant, and she wanted to walk down the street a bit before walking her to her car. She had never been in that part of town, and I was just explaining to her that this is the italian part of the town, lot of restaurants etc... Now in hindsight I should have used this as a moment to get a little closer, but she has seemed nervous and a bit shy, so I didn't want to be too forward. We walked back to our cars, and said our goodbyes, I gave her a hug and was going to try for a kiss, but her body language wasn't really putting out the I want to be kissed vibe. So I left it at a hug, and asked her to text me when she got home safe. I was kicking myself later for not at least trying, I usually always do, but I got the feeling that this girl was different, and wanted to take things more slowly.
2 mo
After I got home, I sent her a text saying "Hope you got home safe! Had a great time with you tonight. Thanks for being such good company." 10 mins later she texted me "I'm Home! Thank Youuu" and didn't text back after that as I was about to fall asleep. She hasn't been much of a texter but I've had girl to that thing where they add letters to the end of a word, and it seems to be a cute flirty thing so taking that as a good sign. Was gonna call later today to set up the second date. Thoughts?
0
1