2 mo

What do I make of this guy's behaviour?

So, last week I met a guy online on a dating platform. We got along well, so we decided to meet in person fairly quickly (in fact on the same day). During the past week he texted me daily, and expressed that he was looking forward to our date. That meeting happend today, and it was kind of weird... We got along nicely, talked mostly about small talk issues and laughed quite a bit.
But after two hours, he said he was going to leave now, because he still wanted to visit his mother. Then he left sort of abruptly, telling me to text him when I got home. I did that and included that I enjoyed talking to him and that I would like to get to know him better. I told him that I wasn't sure how he felt though, but that I was up for another date. He texted that he enjoyed our date too and that we could meet again. I then suggested to agree on a specific time and he said he was pretty busy next week but we could look for a time at the end of the upcoming week.
So, am I being strung along here? When we texted he seemed pretty into me, but during the date I did not get any read on his feelings. I just can't tell if he is simply awkward at dates and trying to take things really slowly, or if he didn't like me.
What do I make of this guy's behaviour?
1
0