2 mo

Would you stay friends with an ex if they used to be your best friend but hurt you badly as a partner?

This is about a friend of mine. She and this guy were best friends for a while and they eventually grew feelings for each other. The guy is basically a serial cheater and my friend brought this up. He assured her that he would never do that to her since they’re best friends. To no surprise at all, he cheated on her and she was really hurt but she’s still considering going back to being good friends with him since he never hurt her when they were just friends. Would you remain friends with someone in a situation like this? Do you see the way someone treats you in a relationship and out of a relationship and keep them separate? I take into account the way people treat me in all situations so I don’t think I would ever get back with someone in a situation like this. It just shows me that they’re capable of hurting me, especially in a situation where they promised not to.
7
2