2 mo

In desperate need of advice! What should I do?

So I love my boyfriend. With my life and whole heart. We have been together for about 2 years and unofficial for almost 3. Lately he has been feeling really sad. And I always try to be there for him to help him feel better. We used to live together during university and since we moved back to our hometown we are now living at our own parents homes. This is around the time he began to feel depressed and having suicidal thoughts. He is incredibly sweet, shy, loving, and a hot spirit with a bit of a temper. He loves me and I know he does. But I feel like lately he has been getting really sad and somewhat clingy. It’s gotten to the point where I can’t talk to him without feeling majorly stressed out. He needs to see me everyday and he seems normal then. But if we don’t see each other for a day or two he begins to get sad and say that he is depressed and that I don’t care. (I always felt like he isolated himself from his friends and focused on me too much but he disagreed.) he doesn’t go out with friend much anymore and also says he’s lonely when I don’t see him or call him constantly. He got medicine prescribed for depression but doesn’t take it. I feel like he isn’t trying and that he is depending on me too much. I feel suffocated and overwhelmed because I know he expects me to fix him. But I don’t think I can or even know how. I have began to be a bit distant to help my mental health but he says that I’m not showing love and that it’s making him worse. I feel really stuck and feel like it’s draining me of my energy and mental health. I just really don’t know what to do bc I don’t want to leave him. I want to marry him. But it’s so difficult. I would just like some advice.
In desperate need of advice! What should I do?
Add Opinion