He flaked on our first date but immediately rescheduled. What should I say to confirm plans for our new date?

Lara5348
I had a first date with this guy I had met through a mutual friend. A few days before our date I wanted to confirm plans. He informed me of a prior commitment earlier in the morning with some relatives who were coming from out of town, to which I asked if he wanted to reschedule and he said no, he still wanted to see me. So the day of the date comes, and I drive almost 3 hours to where he lives and get a message saying he won't be able to come out with me. His relatives are staying longer than expected, and he was very apologetic, saying he was excited to see me next time. I was upset at the situation but wasn't mad at him, and gave him the benefit of the doubt. A few days later he messaged me asking to take me to dinner the following weekend, and promised not to flake this time. I would like to confirm plans with him again just to be sure but I'm not sure what to say. What is a good message to send to confirm plans with someone that has flaked on you once before?
11 mo
It might not have been made clear before. He is coming to me this time, and I already agreed to the date but want to confirm with him the day before the date to make sure he is still good to go out and isn't going to flake again.

Sorry for the confusion!
3
0