10 d

What are the rules on dating?

I had the strange belief that if a girl accepts a date, she is your date for the duration for the event, be it dinner, a football game, or just going out the town. However, apparently girls are free to dump the guy anytime during the event should she meet a hotter guy. A couple of examples:

I took this college freshman to a football and I thought she was my date. I asked her and she accepted, but maybe I just don’t understand the rules. She was setting next to this fraternity guy that I admit was taller, richer, and maybe better looking than me. However, if she was my date, neither she nor he cared because they flirted all during the game and I was basically ignored. I asked her to changed places with me and she refused.

Or like this very pretty 19 year old from the poor part of town. I was so enthused with her if she had just given a chance. I asked her out and she accepted so, being stupid like I can be, I thought she was my date for the evening. She wanted to this low class beer hall (it’s wasn’t my crowd nor my kind of place), but I took her and immediately she excused herself and left me at the bar. Two minutes later she told me this other guy would take her home (some plumber’s helper, I think).
10 d
See my response to cmale123.
10 d
Replies from cmale123 has caused me to give this more thought. It is very rare for a girl to leave in a middle of date. Even if she would kind of like to because she met this hotter guy during the date, that is not easy for her to do because, usless she is seeking a one night stand, it is not going to leave a good impression with the other guy. Better to give him her phone number.
What are the rules on dating?
1
2