7 d

My ex knows I want to get back together but says he only wants to have sex?

Me and my ex dated for almost 4 years on again and off again. We have broken up probably 4 times over the years for maybe a month or 2 and always have gotten back together. Every time we have gotten back together he has played hard to get at first and acted like he doesn’t want to get back together and then he comes around and we get back together. However this is the longest time we have been broken up and the longest we went without having contact with one another. I don’t think he has dated anyone else but he knows that I was in a relationship (with a mixed guy) after we broke up. Me and my other relationship decided to break it off after about 2 months so I am single again. After basically no contact with my ex for 3 months he texted me a long apology (which is posted on my profile if you want to read it) and since then we have had a bit of contact. Always him reaching out aside from one time. He has never mentioned having sex with me in one of our break ups until this time. I texted him first for the first time the other night and he thought I was texting him to have sex since it was late at night. since then he has tried to get together with me and apparently have sex with me. I will not agree to see him and told him I will never have sex with him outside of a relationship which he was mad about. I told him I want to get back together but he told me that he isn’t interested because I dated outside of my race and because he thinks the relationship was detrimental to the both of us. Afterwards he apologized for being a dick and told me he wishes me the best. I believe he will try to stay in contact with me in the future and I don’t plan on responding unless I think his mind has changed. I refuse to keep hanging on if he will never want something more. Will he change his mind and come around like he usually does? Or is the relationship too far gone in his eyes this time and he is really done? Why keep texting me if he only wants sex and knows I won’t do it?
3
1