2 d

Do you think it's true that black woman have a harder time dating in America?

I could be biased, but as a black woman in America, sometimes I feel so invisible. I usually feel good about my self confidence and have come to love my skin, but sometimes I notice that things may be different if it weren't for the color of my skin. The white guy in class who likes me wouldn't conceal his feelings to please his conservative friends. The black guys at lunch wouldn't say that all the black girls at school are too darkskin and encourage white girl Wednesday in place of women crush Wednesday. The kid who hooked up with a girl would have felt some type of way when his friend said, "Ew... isn't she black?"

Sometimes I feel great about my self confidence, in my private school uniform, and glowing beneath the sun in my melanin. Other times, I feel invisible. I realize my skin doesn't match those around me, and although there are always exceptions to the rule, many people don't see past my color. I'm tired of black being ugly. I think it's harder to date as a female of color (not just black). What do you guys think?
2
5