I think I'm being ghosted by the girl who asked me out. Did she reject me, or is she really just busy?

Anonymous
I was getting to know this girl over summer, and unlike most girls I've tried to talk to she actually responded quickly to every message I sent. We spoke semi often, and it didn't take long for us to start having long, involved conversations where she would laugh at all my jokes and we would talk until midnight. This lasted for a few months, until one day she actually asked me out. I obviously said yes, but it was kind of surreal because I'd never been asked out by a girl before. In fact, I can usually never get a date at all. Anyways, I thought it went great, we laughed and had a fun time. We even chatted until the day after and she accepted my request for another date sometime in the future. This was right before classes started up again. Then, boom, she was always offline. No answers to my text. I assumed that she was busy and all was well, but had a bad feeling in my gut. She did respond to my second text, but I noticed that she set herself to invisible on our chat application. She said she was going to be very busy cause of school, which made sense, but offered no time she would be free. It's been silence since. I'm used to being rejected. I feel like this is just another rejection, but the fact that she asked me out and then blipped has made me confused and hurt deeply. I don't know what I did wrong, or what her intentions are. Is she just busy? If so, how long should I wait? I have no idea what I should do. Is there a possibility that a girl who does like you will shut you out for a certain amount of time, or is it a clear sign that it's over?
1
6