1 d

Why don't guys confess their feelings for the girl they like?

Not saying this is always the case, but I can remember more times a girl confessed her feelings to a guy than the other way around. I have two close guy friends, and it seems like girls are always trying to make moves on them. The way one of my best friends said he and his girlfriend started dating was she confessed to him. I'm not saying it's wrong or anything; they're both sweet and attractive guys, so I'm not surprised.

Here's where my problem is. If girls have the courage to ask out sweet and attractive guys, shouldn't guys have the courage to ask out sweet and attractive girls? Not to toot my own horn but I think I'm attractive; I get complimented daily by strangers. I've lost track of how many times someone has said something about my eyes or hair or body (strangers don't usually comment on my body except to tell me I'm skinny, mostly my friends give me compliments on that). People I know tell me over and over again I'm so sweet and funny. I've had many guys like me and a few ask me out on dates or to "hang out," but no one has EVER confessed their feelings for me.

Why is that? Am I not as pretty as people say? Is it just the people I'm around? Sorry about this long rant but I'm genuinely confused about this and would like to hear some other people's thoughts on this. Do you agree that guys don't confess their feelings as much anymore? Do you think either gender has the responsibility of making the first move?
7
1