26 d

Should I consider breaking up if my boyfriend’s family doesn’t like me and has no respect towards our relationship?

I recently moved in with my boyfriends family. But i soon discovered that they don’t like me. They have no respect towards me or my pets. My bfs mom almost poisoned my cats and she managed to poison their dog with pinesol and ant pesticides. Aside from that awful situation, I am ignored and excluded. His family and I don’t even speak the same language so trying to talk about any struggles is impossible. (They don’t attempt to talk and see eye to eye ever) As a result my boyfriend and I’s relationship has suffered.. he doesn’t stick up for me when things clearly are not my fault.. he lets them ignore me, alienate me and blame me. I understand it’s family, and I would never want to make him pick sides but how do we function as a normal couple? I cannot voice my opinion or feel concerned about serious issues (the health of my pets) Sometimes my boyfriend gets upset when I choose not to have intercourse while his mom in the other room. (We dont have a door or normal room, we stay in a loft with a curtain attached.) it’s really depressing as part of our relationship is essentially gone. I’m starting to lose hope in him for us and our struggles. Should we break up? Should I move out first and then break up? Any advice is appreciated..
2
4