6 d

Should I call/leave a voicemail a guy I dated last year, was ghosted by, and reconnected with?

I dated a guy last year for a little over a month, he ended up ghosting and then texted me to apologize after he had moved for work a few months later. I replied, accepted the apology and we left on good terms. A few months later he texted me again to see how I was and the convo kind of fizzled out. I reached out after 7 months of no contact and he replied instantly. Initially he wasn't giving me the same energy but he said he had moved back and so I asked if he'd gone been to a specific food event in his city which is only on Sundays. I didn't explicitly ask him out, only asked if he'd been there, but his response to that was "I have been there and it was really cool. Yeah I'd love to get lunch and catch up." So I see his text the next morning and reply "That would be nice. Are you free on a Sunday this month?" There are only 3 Sundays left and thus 3 opportunities to go to the food event I asked him about which I assume is what he was referring to when he said lunch.

It's been a few of days and I have not heard back. Obviously it's not yet the end of the work week and I know people are busy. However, upon reflection, my text is kind of clunky and maybe I should have just said "Cool, when are you free?" I've thought about calling him to follow up in a few days instead of texting (we have never talked on the phone) for a number of reasons, #1) there are no unanswered questions if I actually get him on the phone. If I get his voicemail and never hear back it's clear he was just being friendly.

My pitch if I get him on the phone is this: I say that I loathe texting and am following up on my text via phone instead and that I wanted to know if he's free next Sunday to go to the event because I'm free on that Sunday. That I am looking forward to catching up or some variation of that. My pitch if I get him via voicemail is the same but wondering if I should say more? Call would be Sunday evening (My text was Tuesday). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
1
1