25 d

Would you date someone with a severe chronic illness?

I have had ME/CFS for almost 4 years now. I dated a guy for 8 months at the beginning of this but back then I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed at all and it was too much to put him through so I broke up with him. I'm at a point now where I can go outside once a week as long as it's nothing too active (like I can go to a movie, a play or a concert because I can sit down.) I'm usually stuck in bed for 2-3 days a week the rest housebound. I have some periods where I have to sleep for a few weeks at a time though, only waking up to eat. I haven't dated or anything for almost 3 years because I figured no one would want someone this sick given that there are thousands of other healthy alternatives but it's something I've been thinking about more and more. I'm almost 25, I'm not going to get any better, I'm not getting younger and I don't want to miss out on the rest of my life.

Is it crazy that I think I could have a relationship being in this condition? Would you date someone who's in this situation?
20
2