1 mo

Why are so many quick to advise the unattractive that they should settle for someone they aren't attracted?

Many people, for reasons I'd like to find out (hence the question), advise the unattractive to settle for other unattractive people. It's almost as if they think unattractive people find other unattractive people appealing. Or rather they think that someone is better than no one. Why not simply advise them to make every effort to become more attractive?

I'd be particularly interested to hear from people who have actually advised the unattractive to settle for people they aren't attracted to.
28 d
Since the word "supermodel" keeps coming up, let me be clear. I am not talking about going for a supermodel. I am talking about advising them to improve their appearance so that they can attract someone they actually think is attractive but not a supermodel.

Also, the words "desire" and "expect" are NOT interchangeable.
19
32