22 d

If a potential partner has a child, does the fact that they are living with their parents ever become a red flag or warning sign?

If only the warning signs were always this obvious!
If only the warning signs were always this obvious!
If you don't date single parents at all, then you consider the existence of the child to be all of the warning that you need to stay clear. However, not everyone has that attitude. Even is you avoid single parents now, as you get older, there are fewer potential dating partners who don't already have a child; your attitude about single parents may change.

Some single parents have moved back home and they and their child are living with grandma and grandpa. Perhaps this has been done by necessity. A guy may feel uncomfortable with being a single parent without having the backup of the grandparents. Some people may be in a position where they cannot afford to maintain a separate residence and living at home is a financial necessity. Some people work shift work and can't be at home with the child at night. There are circumstances under which living at home may be the most responsible choice to be made, and I don't condemn all single parents who are living at home.

Under what circumstances would you start thinking that a single parent living at home is a warning sign or red flag for their potential as a dating partner?
@Iron_Man, this ones for you!
@Iron_Man, this one's for you!
It's never a warning sign because it's good for extended families to remain together under one roof.
Vote A
It can be a warning sign if they have been living at home for more than a year
Vote B
It can be a warning sign if they are over the age of 20
Vote C
It can be a warning sign if they are over the age of 25
Vote D
It can be a warning sign if they allow the grandparents to handle most of the responsibility for the child/grandchild
Vote E
It can be a warning sign if they haven't taken advantage of the opportunity to improve themselves
Vote F
I won't date a single parent at all. Them already having a child is all the warning sign I need!
Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
If a potential partner has a child, does the fact that they are living with their parents ever become a red flag or warning sign?
Add Opinion