17 d

This guy is not of the same race but he's everything I've ever wanted?

I've been dating this one guy for about a year and a half. He's amazing and he's planning a future so that I'm at the center. I feel so loved and cherished around him. Problem is he wants to meet my parents, get to know the family. I'm worried my parents won't approve of him. For one, I've never brought anyone home. I don't tell my parents much of my dating life, I like to keep it all lowkey. What worries me the most is that they won't approve of him. They've always told us (siblings and I) to bring someone of the same race. This guy is not of the same race but he's everything I've ever wanted. My parents aren't horrible racist people, they just believe they'll be able to get along with my future "husband" if he is of the same background. Same language culture type thing. They say when you marry someone you also marry their family. We have a close knit family and their approval is very important to me. I don't know what to do. How do I maneuver through this getting the best of both worlds? What do I do if they don't approve of him?
This guy is not of the same race but hes everything Ive ever wanted?
25
8